380cc Revised to 650/750cc Ok? (photo)

I currently have 380cc saline unders, (too small for my frame & 7 months old) and wear a 42a/b bra 5'9" 160 lbs. I want to go bigger and thinking about 650cc or 750cc but don't really want the 'porn star' look. Will these be too big? Looking at the dimensions of the mentor hi-profile from 550 to 750, the width and projection doesn't change a lot, 1" or less but the volume changes considerably so its a bit confusing on how the final look would be. Your suggestions would be greatly helpful.

Best Breast Implant Size for Revisionary Breast Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I would suggest that you communicate your goals with your plastic surgeon ( I prefer the use of goal pictures)  and ask him/her to do his/her best to achieve the results you're looking for.   As you can imagine,   words such as the “porn star look” may mean different things to different people and can be a source of miscommunication.  Also discussing your goals in terms of resulting breast cup size may be confusing as well.

Once you have communicated your goals clearly, you may want to leave it up to your plastic surgeon to use the breast implant size/profile that he/she feels will do the job based on intraoperative evaluation.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
 I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_revisionarybreastsurgery.htm

Implant size

+1

I agree with you that you could go larger, but how large is too large?  I think going over 600 cc's is a bit over the top, no pun intended, but you might be happy with it.  I would probably not recommend going over 500 cc's, because that is when you start having problems related to implants that are too large, such as sagging and stretching of the skin.  Good luck.

Implant Size Increase

+1

I understand what you mean when you say that your current implants are 'too small for my frame', but your photograph suggests a very different situation.  Although you feel that proportionately you are not big enough on top, your implants are in fact 'maxing out' the anatomic dimensions of your chest and native breast tissue.  Trying to replace those with implants nearly twice as large will probably lead to problems. If in fact you managed to do this successfully, your breast would certainly look ball shaped, shiny, and hard; something far from natural and likely construed as 'porn star'.

Best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.drminniti.com

380cc Revised to 650/750cc Ok?

+1

A few issues come to mind before having another operation. Try to loss 20 pounds and see how you appear. Than if you desire larger implants than try to 500 cc UHP range. 

Large Implants For Breast Augmentation Revision

+1

Dear Lindsey,

Thank you for sharing your photos.

It seems like you do have a tight skin and large implants of 700cc may be tricky, especially saline one.

It is never too easy to decide on the size of the implants for a revision surgery; so what you are going through is pretty normal.

You can perform the "rice test" and share the results of the volume desired with you surgeon or you can have some implants tried out under a sports bra at the surgeon's office.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Breast implant upsize guidelines

+1

I readily confess to a naturalistic bias, which colors my recommendation.  Given the apparent tightness of the breasts in your pictures, I don't think going to that large size will have a good outcome.  Please discuss the long term consequences of implants of that size range with your surgeon.

Determining size on revision augmentation

+1

It's important to get accurate measurements of your breasts. In addition, use "rice" bag to determine how much more volume your are seeking. This will help you with finding the ideal fit and volume for your body and achieve the look that you are seeking. There are other considerations with regard to large saline implants. Make sure your plastic surgeon spend the time to go over the pros and cons of large implants and possible consequences over time.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

380cc Revised to 650/750cc Ok?

+1

It is never easy picking out an implant size for a revision. One helpful assist is a "rice test".  Get a pair of stocking, fill each with raw rice and try them on with a stretchable sports bra. When you find the right volume to get the look you want, measure the volume of rice in each and report that amount to your surgeon, who can help pick out an implant size. 

Your skin does seem rather tight with the current implants, and that might be an issue for implants that are significantly larger.

Thanks for your question, best wishes. 

Revision to 600/700 cc's implants

+1

Without an exam, it is difficult to say what would look right for you. I will say that 600-700 cc implants are quite large.