I Have 380 Cc Silicone Implants Would It Be Possible to Change to 800 Cc?

I am 5'7 weight 110 hoping for bigger implants double d or ddd

"Jumping Up" to 800cc Implants-Trouble In The Future?

+3

First, thank you for your question.  Many other women often express similar questions about breast implants. I am often asked how big of an implant can I put into a breast.  I remind patients that the female breast is capable of an incredible amount of stretch and probably almost any size implant can be crammed into a breast...HOWEVER, just because you can do it does not mean you should do it.  Think of your breast as having foundations under them very much like a house does.  These foundations can support a certain amount of weight but once you exceed that weight, then over time, the foundations will crumble leading to stretched, bottomed out breasts with very thinned out tissues; a problem that is very difficult to correct and usually requires larger scars.  The key to obtaining a long lasting aesthetic result from a breast augmentation is choose a size your body can support.   From your description of your physical proportions, I would be very concerned about placing an implant with the size you requested.  I recommend consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns and looking at long-term follow up photos to better understand these complex questions.  Thank you.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Increasing size of breast implants

+3

Hello and thank you for the question.

While it may be reasonable to increase the size of your implants modestly, I would not  recommend a jump to 800 ccs.  Although I don't have the luxury of seeing photographs of your current proportions, it is likely that an implant that large will create anatomic unbalance. Additionally, over time, the gross weight of implants that large will impart undue damage to the soft-tissue, including stretching of the skin, potential disruption of the infra-mammary folds, development of excessive dermal striae or stretch marks.  Keep in mind that some of the aforementioned sequale my necessitate the need for revision surgery in the future.

Before considering implants that large, I would recommend consulting with a Board Ceritified Plastic Surgeon who has ample experience with breast implant revision surgery.

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

1-"800"- 2 BIG!

+3

Your desire for larger implants would make you disproportionate.  Additionally, the implants will stretch and thin the tissues too much.  This will lead to long term problems with your breasts. DO NOT DO IT!

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Looking for trouble

+3
Increasing your implant size to 800 cc on a frame of your size is likely to have serious adverse affects and I would recommend against it. The base diameter of a 800 cc implant is likely too wide for your breasts and will lead to palpability of the implant, implant malposition, implant migration and bottoming out. The skin on the breasts is also unlikely to support the implant weight over time. And increase to 550-600 cc is likely your maximum size but check with your PS.

Arko Demianczuk, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Larger breast implants

+2

It is in your best interest to be examined by a board-certified plastic surgeon experienced with the use of larger breast implants.  I like to communicate with my patients  with the help of pictures of what the patient's goals are. You may be able to achieve your goals with implants smaller than 800 mL.

Of course, it is important to consider the downsides of larger breast implants and larger breasts as you are considering your options.

Breast Revision

+1

Yes it is possible, but your capsule contracture risk will go up, way up, and your back problems and pain will also go up, and the risk of nipple sensation loss also will go up.  So, if all of these things sound like risks you are willing to take, and the benefit to risk ratio looks favorable to you, then the surgery is for you.  You will also look like you have gained weight as well…..which you have, about 4-5 lbs.  You really need to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and have a long consultation about all involved in this size change.  You have good height, but that is still a lot of implant for 110lbs.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Change of implants to 800cc

+1

These are very large implants, no matter what your body build is.  You will have significant problems in the future with such large implants such as tissue stretch and possible tissue loss.  These may require reconstructive surgery if severe.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Is 800 too big?

+1

Anything is possible BUT 800cc implants are way too big for your frame and those implants will have serious negative effects on your breasts over time.

Robert Heck, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Big,large breast implants, augmentation

+1

Yes, you could have 800cc implants placed. I have done this on many patients who have wished to go larger after seeing the results from their original plastic surgeon's surgery. I try and do what the patient wishes and determine the size of breast implants together with the patient by having her show me photos of what she would want to look like. Once you have a size in, it is less difficult to place a larger implant. I always caution patient that they can lose up to one cup size over the year after the implants are placed and try to factor this in when choosing sizing for the patient. 

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Large Implants?

+1

You sound very thin to have implants that large...but that may simply be the look you're striving for.  The answer depends on whether your implants are above or below your muscle.  Personally, I think an implant that large in someone as thin as you is just a setup for problems...certainly for another surgery in a short time.

Scott E. Newman, MD, FACS