Have 38 H Want 36C. Age 50, Overweight, Would I Be A Good Candidate?

I am an almost 50 year old woman with a 38H bra. I am overweight, tummy pooch, and large pendulous breasts. I didn't know I was having tension in my back until I recently began a new work-out routine. Those weights were theraputic. How often do you see this scenerio and what are the predicted outcomes for less gouging in the shoulders, more mobiltiy and improved posture? Would I be a good candidate?

Breast reduction is fine at your weight

+1

as long as you accept that the results may require revision at some point depending upon how much weight you lose.  Also,  there is an increased incidence of wound healing issues in obese patients, although most breast reductions heal well.  Discuss all of this with your board certified plastic surgeon,  and be aware that the number (in your case 38) refers to the circumference of your chest and is unlikely to change from the breast reduction,  as this is more dependant upon overall fat thickness on your body as well as your bone structure.  As far as your cup size, I never promise a specific cup size, given the variability of bra designs, but I can usually tell you how many pounds I will be taking off per side. So, you have lots to think about, good luck!

Breast reduction and overweight

+1

Ideally, you should be at your normal weight because, if you were to lose 30 lbs. or so,  then you would probably loose a lot of breast tissue and go from too big to too small.  So I would try to get to your ideal weight.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction when Overweight?

+1

Although you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery at some point, you will be better served having the procedure performed when you have achieved a long-term stable weight. Performing the surgery when you are overweight will increase your perioperative morbidity and increase the chances that further surgery will be necessary in the future.

I would suggest in-person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Breast reduction

+1

Sounds like you may be a candidate for a breast reduction. It is best to go for an evaluation with a plastic surgeon.  Good luck.

Reduction

+1
Getting a breasts reduction because your having discomfort is a great idea, your a great candidate. Having smaller breast will help with everything you mentioned.I would see a plastic surgeon to get more information on the procedure.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Weight and Breast Reduction

+1

Based on your description, it sounds like you might be a good candidate for breast reduction surgery, but can’t say for sure without a proper consultation. Reducing the size of the breasts would give you increased mobility, should improve your posture, and will help you workout without back pain or tension. I would suggest scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns and determine how you can reach your goals.

David Whiteman, MD