Would Juverderm Address a Deep Line on Forehead Between Eyes?

people have often said they do not see it BUT I Can. i went and got botox twice and dr said she even put the "extra" on forehead which i did not care for anyway i did not have any lines on forhead to begin with so didnt get the logic on that. Anyway i was told y another dr that a filler would do the job but she is also recommending some 90 day challenge face cream which she stated may even help with the line...Any advice would be so much appreciated the creams are alot more expensive

Does Juvederm help the lines between the eye brows?

+1

Most fillers from Juvederm to Artefill to Sculptra will help the "frown" lines between the eyebrows. The usual treatment is to deactivate the muscles causing the problem with Botox, and this is a very effective treatment. If there is a permanent line even after Botox, you can get one of the fillers injected. However, understand that it is remotely possible that injecting a filler can cause the skin to necrose, which would cause scarring. Ask your doctor about the duration of the various fillers, as some last longer than others.

Savannah Plastic Surgeon

+1

In cases, such as this, with unusual and often vague issues a photo of the area really helps with the evaluation, IMHO.  I do not use fillers in the Glabella (between the eye area) as they can occlude the thin walled vein, in this region, resulting in necrosis and skin loss in the central forehead region the size of a quarter.  Neurotoxin use (Botox, Dysport or Xeomin) in the forehead does relax muscles allowing others to compensate.  This can cause crinkles and ridges that require additional neurotoxin or discontinuation entirely.

Deep Furrow Line Between Eyes?

+1

Hi LRSM.  Yes, we do use Restylane or Juvederm between the eyes periodically.  This technique is reserved for those like yourself that do not achieve full resolution of the furrow or frown lines between the eyes from Botox (Dysport).  

All of our new patients come in for a 2 week checkup and if the frown lines are not completely resolved with Botox (Dysport), then we add the hyaluronic acid (HA) filler.  At the link below (4th set of pictures down) you can see a deep furrow line that was treated with Botox and Restylane.  We are also located in orange County, CA and offer free consultations if you are still looking for resolution of this issue.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Juvaderm for Deep Line Between Eyes

+1

Botox or Dysport injections are the best treatment for vertical lines of animation in the  forehead between the eyes. These lines are usually secondary to muscle movement. If grooves are still present after the injections, when the muscles are at rest, hyaluronic fillers such as Juvederm and Restylaane are helpful. 

Both Juvederm and BOTOX Alone or Together Will Help

+1

Juvederm matched with BOTOX should give the best and longest lasting result.  Hyaluronic acids such as Juvederm improve glabellar frown lines but the muscular frowning activity breaks down the filler, and the wrinkles come back faster.  Mixing the two is the most optimal, however, most patients do fine with BOTOX alone.  Fillers are only necessary for deeper, fixed furrows as an adjunct to BOTOX, or used alone in someone that wants to avoid neuromodulators.

Keith Denkler, MD
Marin Plastic Surgeon

Botox is the best treatment for lines between the eyebrows

+1

I agree with all of the other experts, Botox is the best treatment for those lines.  I usually recommend treating the area with Botox first, with a possible touch-up if the line is still present after 2 weeks.  If there is still a line present after the area can no longer move, and doesn't improve more with a touch-up of Botox, then a filler such as Juvederm would be the "icing on the cake."  In Orange County Botox and Juvederm are both commonly used in this area.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Can Juvederm Address a Deep Line on the Forehead Between the Eyebrows?

+1

Botox is the ideal agent to relax those vertical lines that form between the eyebrows on the forehead because they relax the muscles that cause the lines to form.  However, for those deeper lines that persist after the use of Botox, a dermal filler like Juvederm or Restylane can be used to greatly improve the appearance by filling in those lines and smoothing out the skin in that area.

Steven E. Rasmussen, MD, FAAD
Austin Dermatologist

Frown lines

+1

For frown lines the best treatment is Botox. However in very deep and well established lines, the combination of Botox and a filler will give a better result.

Try the Botox first, if you feel you want a slightly better improvement then add the filler later.

There are no creams that work on wrinkles. Forget the cream.

Botox/Dysport vs filler for forehead and glabellar wrinkles

+1

Wrinkles or lines on the forehead or between the eyebrows (glabella) usually respond best to a neuromodulator such as Botox or Dysport.  These agents temporarily disable the motor nerves in the area, thereby preventing movement of the underlying muscles that cause the wrinkles.  Without an examination and discussion, I cannot give you specific advice, however the above is generally true.  Sometimes the lines in the forehead are so deep or remain fixed even without facial expression that filler agents can also be of benefit.  If the wrinkles are like this, I usually recommend a combination of Botox or Dysport to prevent worsening of the wrinkles and a filler to lessen the visibility of the lines.  If you are not comfortable with the advice that you have previously received, obtain another opinion from a physician experienced with injectable agents.  Good luck.

Eric T. Emerson, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Botox is great for glabella

+1

If you have very deep glabella wrinkles, however, you way need a filler like Restylane in that area after the Botox has frozen the area (two weeks after the injection).  I would seek out an experienced injector and get a second opinion

Michele S. Green, MD