1 Year After Mini TT I Have Loose Skin and Lumpiness, Is this Due to Over Liposuctioning?

In addition to tuck, lipo was preformed although not sure it should have been as I was NOT over weight. I am 5'4 114 lbs and mostly was concerned about lax skin and diastisis. Following sx, I am not smooth. My stomach is lumpy and I have swelling near suture line. In addition I now have lax skin above belly button. Is this correctable? I have had one consult and was told I needed a full tummy tuck and I am not willing to do that. Is the lumpiness due to over lipo and will that fat redistribute?

Lumps after lipo

+1

Most likely the lumps are due to uneven fat removal. The usual method to improve that is fat injections into the depressed areas to attempt to lift them up. If you have loose skin above the belly button now from the fat being reduced in that area, I am afraid that there is not reliable way to tighten that skin. If it is a bother to you, the only option would be a full tummy tuck at this time.

Mini Tummy Tuck Unhappiness is Common

+1

It appears you had the wrong operation and continue to refuse it. 

A mini tummy tuck CANNOT correct muscle separation and skin excess above the bely button. And yet, due to misinformed patient insistence and surgeon reluctance to lose such patients way too many of these lousy misapplied operations are done. 

If you were willing to reconsider a full tummy tuck, you will be flat, your waist will be nicely narrowed into an attractive hourglass figure and some of the skin dimpling caused by your Liposuction could be removed as well. 

Please reconsider your position. 

Loose skin after mini tummy tuck

+1

Lumpiness and loose skin after mini tummy tuck can happen with oversuctioning, though inadequate skin reduction is more often the cause. It is correctable with a full tummy tuck to address the upper abdominal skin excess.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/tummy-tuck

A poor result after a "mini tummy tuck" probably means that you needed a "Full Tummy Tuck" all along

+1

A "mini" tummy tuck really only addresses excess skin below the belly button.  This is indicated in only a small percentage of women. If you had a mini tummy tuck and still are experiencing excess skin above the belly button and loose skin throughout, then you probably needed a full tummy tuck all along. A mini tummy tuck can be revised into a full tummy tuck and may help correct the problems. Make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon and make sure to bring the operative report from your original surgery so that the surgeon can see what was done the first time.

Problems with Mini Tummy Tuck

+1

Yes, that is a common problem with mini tummy tuck.  If you do not have the full tummy tuck, then the skin above the belly button is not adequately treated and may appear loose.  Most patients are a candidate for a full tummy tuck and achieve excellent results.  Mini tummy tuck should be reserved for patients that do not need diastasis repair, have tight skin above the belly button and only minimally loose skin below the belly button.  If you post pictures, we may be able to give you more specific advice.

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Probably needed the full TT all along

+1

It is rare to find an excellent candidate for a mini TT.  If ther is anything going on above the umbi in terms of muscle laxity or skin laxity, a mini will NOT fix that and only make it look worse and the lower abdomen is tighter, I can't say what caused what you have but a photo would help but it really is likely the only a full TT will help at this point.  Otherwise best to do nothing as no skin tightening technologies are worth the money.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.