I Am 37yrs Old and Looking at Getting Sub Muscular/dual Plane Silicon Implants.

My breasts have suffered sagging due to weight loss and aging but my nipples are still pointing upwards. I am a C cup and have delicate fair skin with stretch marks. My doctor informed me that implants before will decrease the risk of my breasts emptying out after breast feeding as it will give them a fuller base and also lessen the risk of the nipples dropping under needing a breast lift too after feeding. what is your opinion this and how long should I wait till I am able to get pregnant?

Breast augmentation and lift are best done *after* pregnancy

+1

I completely agree with Dr. Aldara suggestions and his answer to your question. The breast implants will add weight and you do not know what the consequences of pregnancy will be, and even if your nipple areolas are upward projecting, you may have pseudo-ptosis which straight augmentation would actually worsen over time. I advise all my patients who are contemplating pregnancy in the near future to wait until they have finished with having a family and then treat the breasts so that you can achieve a desired result that will hold up over time. 

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants and sagging or shrinkage associated with pregnancy & nursing

+1

I am not aware of any study which suggests that breast implants will minimize the potential for involutional atrophy and mammary ptosis subsequent to pregnancy and nursing.

Difficult to Predict

+1

It's difficult to predict how pregnancy will affect the appearance of your  augmented breasts. Generally waiting several months after surgery before becoming pregnant is advisable.

George Sanders, MD

Breast lift, implants and pregnancy

+1

You sound like you would be a good candidate for a breast lift with implants. However it is difficult to predict how your breasts will change after pregnancy. So if you plan to get pregnant soon, it would be best to postpone the surgery until after the delivery so you can have a predictable and long lasting result.

Best of luck

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

+1

I agree with Dr Wallach's response. You really can not predict the appearance after surgery + pregnancy. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski

Breast Augmentation and Lift are MUCH Better done AFTER Pregnancy(ies)

+1

Regarding: "I Am 37yrs Old and Looking at Getting Sub Muscular/dual Plane Silicon Implants.
My breasts have suffered sagging due to weight loss and aging but my nipples are still pointing upwards. I am a C cup and have delicate fair skin with stretch marks. My doctor informed me that implants before will decrease the risk of my breasts emptying out after breast feeding as it will give them a fuller base and also lessen the risk of the nipples dropping under needing a breast lift too after feeding. what is your opinion this and how long should I wait till I am able to get pregnant
?"

It is hard to criticize a colleague but either you misunderstood what he told you or he presented you with misinformation.

Although a photograph would have been helpful, you describe having either breast sagging or Pseudoptosis (where the center of the breast sags but the nipples point forward, or in your case higher) in a 37 year old woman with thin, stretch mark damaged skin who is contemplating pregnancy and breast feeding.

FACT - Breast implants do NOT lessen breast and nipple sagging - they help it along by adding weight to the breasts.
FACT - Breast implants do NOT prevent or lower the odds of your needing a Breast Lift after breast feeding. Breast implants do one thing - they fill the inside of the breast and add weight to it. Since gravity always pulls objects in relation to their weight, the pull on your breasts will increase after implant placement.

You need to think about this carefully. If you are going to have a child and nurse it / them, you need to do so around age 35 or so. At age 37, multiple considerations come into play of which I am sure you are aware. If you wish to go this route, why not postpone the breast surgery until you completed your family? At that time, you may benefit from either a Breast Lift or a Breast Augmentation with Lift. If your family plans are tentative and pregnancy is not in the near future, I would advise you to get a few more opinions from other plastic surgeons.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Implants after weight loss

+1

It is your choice to get implants at this point in your life and it is difficult to predict how they will respond it you become pregnant.