Is 375cc too Large for Me to Look Natural? (photo)

I am 5'3" 97lbs. I am a 32AA and looking to be a full C and no larger because I have a small frame. I am getting silicon implants placed under the muscle. I have 375cc's high profile ordered right now. My doctor said they look proportional to me but I am afraid I will look too fake. These are pictures of me and pictures with the sizers on.

Will 375 ml implants look fake?

+2

You have a very small frame, so it usually is not natural for someone your size to have breasts as large as the 375 cc will make you. However, breast aumentation is such a common procedure now that implants are a "natural" look. The 375 cc implant is the most common size that I use for patients, and I believe you will be happy with them providing you are not exceptionally modest. Cloths do hide breast when you want, but in a bathing suite or low cut, you will look very nice.

My suggestion: If you still have questions, see your plastic surgeon, place sizers in a bra and put on a T-shirt. View your appearance from every angle and make a decision.

Remember 25 cc either way is hardly noticable. Good luck with your surgery.

Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+2

I agree that 375 cc will probably give you a medium C cup and that a high-profile implant might be most appropriate with your petite build. Obviously, only an in-person consultation will be adequate to assess you fully. But I think your proportions suggest that a 375 HP implant will fill you out well while just barely pushing into the "fake" zone. To get adequate projection with moderate plus profile implants, you would have to have a larger volume implant to get to that projection level, which would likely result in an implant that looks too wide.

An in-person consultation would be very helpful. We have many patients who come to Florida for cosmetic surgery in a tranquil environment. I wish you luck in your search for the right board-certified plastic surgeon to fulfill your goals.

Tim A. Sayed, MD, FACS
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Will 375cc High Profile Look Natural

+2

From the looks of your photos it appears as that particular size will work well for you. In my opinion, high profile implants definitely look more "fake." I prefer "moderate plus" implants. Having said that I do use "high profile" implants on very narrow chests.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Proper Implant Selection

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

375 cc too large?

+1

No they will not look fake. When implants are placed under the muscle, the muscle compresses them so that they look smaller in the body than they do in the bra. You will e disappointed if you don't go with your surgeon's recommendation.   Dr Foster

Lawrence Foster, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Judging breast implant size

+1

taking a look at your picture I think you will be at the upper "limit" of a "natural" appearance, as opposed to a "fake" look.  Silicone gel implants look typically 1 or 2 sizes smaller than saline implants for a given size.  I never totally "commit" to a number and I always utilize a sterile breast sizer to test the size prior to committing to a particular number. Also you have to remember that the implants will look slightly smaller "internally" than they do when you try them on as pictured.  I think you will do well!

James F. Boynton, MD

Will you be a FULL "C"

+1

If you choose to go with a 375 high profile implant you will have a very nice look!  Will it look fake? Definitely in the beginning, it will be high and tight.  Over time the skin will relax, and the breast will drop somewhat.  If you maintan your current proportions,it will always look like you had a breast augmenation.  But they will not look extreme.  In my practice, I don't use non high profile implants for patients with your shape. The  implants would be too wide.  I can tell you that I do many women with your body habitus monthly and they are very happy between 300-400 cc.

Good luck, and thank you for your question.

Sincerely,

Anire Okpaku MD

Anire Okpaku, MD FACS

Is 375cc too Large for Me to Look Natural?

+1

Size of breast implants are always a hard decision. The posted photos demonstrate you can easily handle the 375 cc implants. But you are the final determining factor. I think they would be fine, but over the internet very hard to be definitive. Best of luck. Follow up responses would be nice. 

Natural appearing Breasts

+1

The amount recommended appears reasonable for your desired result, although it is difficult to know for sure without examining your breasts and taking your measurements.  If you have doubts I would make another appointment with your surgeon and show him/her pictures of the end result you wish to achieve. 

Milind K. Ambe, MD

Breast Implant Size and Natural Appearance

+1

The word 'natural' can mean something different to each person, so it is a very subjective term.  What looks fake to some is 'too natural' to others!  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  I cannot guess where your taste lies, but I can give a very educated guess as to how you would look with 375 cc HP implants.

You have a small ribcage, minimal fat, and small breasts.  The skin below your nipples is short and tight. The implant in question is wider than your breasts, and shaped like an igloo, being very tall compared to its width.  It is very likely that your breasts will appear very full on top, like a shelf, with your nipples low on the breast mound. Even with time and some settling, your breasts will probably not escape the look of a ball.  There is no massage that will prevent this or yield something more natural looking.

More importantly, your risk for complications would be higher than is necessary (10 times more) with the choice of this implant. The fact of the matter is you are just not a good candidate for augmentation to a full C cup, and you would be better served with a more modest augmentation, yielding a pretty, low risk result that will last for many years.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS