Should I Go with 375cc HP or 400cc HP? Does It Make a Much Difference?

What size is best for me, I'm 5'0 ft and wiegh 135 with 30in ribs 10.5bwm. I've been doing some research and i read that the 400hp is like 2cm bigger than the 375cc hp and 1cm more of projection. I tried on the 375 and i liked them, but i was told that i should go 25cc more when going under the muscle, but i'm worried that it may be too big for my built.

How to choose

+2

Show your surgeon photos of breasts that you would like to look like. The surgeon should be able to tell you if this is possible and the surgeon should be the judge of the implant necessary to achieve this result.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Slight Size Asymmetry

+1
It appears that you have some asymmetry and you may need two different sized implants to make your breasts more similar in size. Please talk to your surgeon about this and they'll help you determine what size is best.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Sizing

+1
I dont think you could tell the difference between those sizes but you have very different breasts that will respond differently to surgery so speak to your surgeon about that

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Implant Selection Process

+1

25 cc of difference is not very noticeable in clothing.   In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Size difference

+1

If you are opting for silcone gel implants, there is not much difference between a 375 and 400cc implant size (millimeters of difference).   

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning

2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Does 25cc make a difference in breast implant size?

+1

Hello. 25 cc is slightly less than an ounce or two tablespoons. Realistically, most people probably could not tell the difference. One piece of advice I would offer is to be cautious when choosing a breast implant size with a base width that exceeds the base width of your breasts. When the implant width exceeds the width of your breast you  have a higher risk of  visible rippling in the lower, outer portion of your breasts. I usually recommend that patients choose an implant with a base width slightly narrower than their breast base width. Of course, what is best in your individual case can only be determined with a thorough exam, including measurements and consideration of your goals.

Michael Vennemeyer, MD

Michael Vennemeyer, MD
Southlake Plastic Surgeon

Choosing implant size

+1

Much of the final “look” achieved after breast augmentation surgery  depends on several factors:

1. The initial shape, size (volume of breast tissue), symmetry of the patient's breasts. In general, the better the  preoperative breast appearance the more likely the breast augmentation “look” will be optimal.
2. The experience/skill level of the surgeon is important in determining the final outcome. For example, the accurate and gentle dissection of the breast implant pockets are critical in producing  long-term  well-placed breast implants. I personally think that these 2 factors are more important than any others, including type (saline or silicone)  or model (low/moderate/high profile)  of implant.
3. The type of implant used may  determine the final outcome, especially if the patient does not have significant covering breast or adipose tissue. For example, some surgeons feel that silicone implants have a more natural look and feel than saline implants because silicone gel has a texture that is similar to breast tissue. Each patient differs in the amount of breast tissue that they have.  If a patient has enough breast tissue to cover the implant, the final result will be similar when comparing saline implants versus silicone gel implants.  If a patient has very low body fat and/or very little breast tissue, the silicone gel implants may provide a more "natural" result.
On the other hand, saline implants have some advantages over silicone implants. Silicone implant ruptures are harder to detect. When saline implants rupture, they deflate and the results are seen almost immediately. When silicone implants rupture, the breast often looks and feels the same because the silicone gel may leak into surrounding areas of the breast without a visible difference.  Patients may need an MRI to diagnose a silicone gel rupture.   Saline implants are also less expensive than the silicone gel implants.
Other differences involve how the breast implants are filled. Saline implants are filled after they’re implanted, so saline implants require a smaller incision than prefilled silicone breast implants.
On May 10, 2000, the FDA granted approval of saline-filled breast implants manufactured by Mentor Corporation and McGhan Medical. To date, all other manufacturers’ saline-filled breast implants are considered investigational.
As of 2006, the FDA has approved the use of silicone gel implants manufactured by the Mentor Corporation and Allergan (formerly McGhan) for breast augmentation surgery for patients over the age of 22.
4. The size and model of breast implant used may  make a  significant difference in the final outcome. Therefore, it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

The difference between 375 and 400 cc would be very small

+1

The difference between 375 cc and 400 cc implants would be rather small, to the extent that would be almost undetectable in your case.  However, most of time, patients are happier with the larger size since it is augmentation that they are interested in.  Therefore, without seeing you in person, I would be inclined to suggest the larger implant. 

James Tang, MD

Should I Go with 375cc High Profile implant or 400cc HP? Does It Make a Much Difference?

+1

Regarding:"Should I Go with 375cc HP or 400cc HP? Does It Make a Much Difference?
What size is best for me, I'm 5'0 ft and wiegh 135 with 30in ribs 10.5bwm. I've been doing some research and i read that the 400hp is like 2cm bigger than the 375cc hp and 1cm more of projection. I tried on the 375 and i liked them, but i was told that i should go 25cc more when going under the muscle, but i'm worried that it may be too big for my buil
t."

MENTOR 3000 style implants
model 350-3310 310 to 375cc implant
-
3100cc fill 11.0cm 4.8cm / 345cc 10.9cm 5.3 cm / 375cc 10.7 cm 6.0 cm

350-3330 - 330 to 400cc implant
-
330cc fill 11.3cm 4.8cm / 360cc 11.2cm 5.4 cm / 400cc 11.0 cm 6.2 cm

Natrelle (Allergan) High Profile Implants
Model 68HP-350 350-380cc  - 350 cc fill 11.6cm 4.9cm / 380 cc fill 11.4cm 5.5cm
 Model 68HP-400 400-430cc 
- 400cc fill 11.9cm 5.0cm / 430 cc fill 11.7cm 5.9cm

As you can seem with a breast diameter of 10.5cm it is best that you consider the Mentor HP GEL implants for a much more natural appearance. If you like the more obvious look of saline HP implants, I think based on on examination that your instinct may be correct and you go with the Mentor model 350-3310 310 to 375cc implant filled to 375cc or lower.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Implant choices

+1

A twenty five cc difference in implants is really small. It should not make a significant difference either way.