375cc Enough B.A. W/ Crescent Lift

I am getting a b.a. and lift. I currently am a droopy 34C. I am 5'2", 106lbs, 28" rib cage. I met with a PS and he said he would not recommend going any larger than 375cc saline submusc alleg. mod prof. He said he would go larger if I wanted, but it's larger than he recommends and places me at increased risks etc. I want a full d-dd, and like the saline "faker" look. Is 375 enough to achieve this or should I consider bigger? I liked the 420 silicone look when I tried it on. Thanks!

Breast Implants - What Size?

+2

Hi CaTxGirl in Central Coast CA,

It's always hard to make a suggestion such as this without being able to examine you in person.  You should tell the PS what you look but let him/her guide you to a different size if, based on his/her judgment, the size you want may not fit or may not look right.  There are, of course, no 100% guarantees and, if it's any consolation, there's not much of a difference between a 375 and a 400.

So let him or her know what you like and think you prefer, but be sensitive to suggestions to the contrary.  And remember - no matter what size you pick you will probably think at some point that you could have gone a little larger...

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Implant Selection Process

+1

The larger the implant, the higher the risk of complications.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD