Will 375 Look Natural to Me or Should I Go Smaller?

I am 5'8 126 lbs and currently a small 36A. I would like a full C or small D. My dr measured me as 375cc for a D. But didn't really say what size D? And if it would be natural. I am very scared and don't want to make bad choice. Help!

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

+1

Without photos it is hard to advise, and all the online advice pales in value compared to the value of an in person exam!

Thinking in terms of cup size is not as helpful as patients think--these sizes have no uniformly accepted standards. Many patients I measure as a C cup will have bras at home that are B C and D that all fit. 

I would recommend trying on implants, seeing what looks good, and your surgeon will use that info to choose an appropriate size (often 10 % larger).

Be happy with the size, ignore the bra label.

Cosmetic Surgey is an Art and a Science

+1

Congrats on being shapely and thin. Try the implant on while wearing a bra and choose a good size. Don't ever second guess yourself on the implant size. Enjoy the result

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants: Getting the right size the first time!

+1
Getting the right size the first time is critical to having a natural and successful experience.  What you need to do is find a doctor who knows how to custom size you.  In this process, you will be able to know before surgery, how different sizes will feel and it removes about 90% of the guess work.  I can tell you that a D to you and a D to your doctor are not the same thing.  Even with a small breast now, you can know before surgery what "final size" feels right, that is the implant you want.

Jeffrey Ditesheim, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

What size implant

+1

Without photos or an exam it is difficult to be exact. But with your height and starting size a small A, I would think that a 375 would not be too large and you may even be able to go slightly larger up to a 425 to reach your goal naturally. Look on line at photos of befores and afters that include implant size and type and pick out women that start with your approximate volume. That should help you.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation outcome with 375 cc implants

+1

It is hard to judge what your size will be without photos or chest measurements. The best way to judge outcome is to try on a bra and use implant sizers to see what 375 cc will look like on you. Your plastic surgeon should do this with you. This sizing modality gives you a very close approximation to how you will look after surgery. I believe Allergan sells a kit patients can buy to do this at home. Best of luck!

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Most natural breast implant result.

+1

There are a number of factors which go into achieving a natural result in breast augmentation.  One of the most important is choosing an implant that has a diameter which is relatively close to the patients breast diameter.  An implant which has a much narrower diameter than the patients breast will not fill out the skin and conversely choosing an implant which has a diameter much larger than the patients breast diameter will look out of proportion and will have detrimental effects on the skin over time.  It never hurts to get several opinions from board certified plastic surgeons to be sure you are making the correct choice.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

Look natural after breast augmentation

+1

Part of the art of doing breast augmentation surgery is helping the woman choose the implants that will best help her achieve the look she desires.  A 375 cc moderate profile implant in a 5'8" 126 pound woman may provide a much different look than a 375 cc high profile implant, for instance.  And, depending on other factors like how stretchy the tissues are, possibly both of those implants but possibly neither of those implants will put her into a D cup bra.  And remember, not all bras are created equal; a Victoria's Secret D cup may be very different than a Nordstrom D cup.  Probably the most important thing you can do is visit with a surgeon who has a lot of experience with this, a surgeon who spends an appropriate amount of time with you, listens to what you have to say, and explains the issues to you.  If you do that you're likely to find that you make a great choice and end up with a fabulous result!

Kelly R. Kunkel, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Get your optimal fill

+1

Thanks for your question. Choosing your surgeon is key to getting the result you want. Based on your existing breast size and your base diameter of your breast there ought to be a very limited range that will suit you best. The A-B-C-D classification is unfortunately very flawed.Convey your desires to your surgeon and look at pictures of previous patients that your surgeon has operated on. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.

The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.
I hope this (and the attached link) help.