375 CC to Reach D Cup Look For My Frame?

I'm 25 years old, 5'2'' , 115 lbs currently 34B. I want to look like a D cup. I've been to my 1st consultation last year and I told the doc. I wanted to be a full C small D and he recommended 375 CC. Now that I'm financially ready for my surgery I have a new appointment for saturday for blood work and to issue my down payment which means I'm having my surgery pretty soon. I'm going with saline. I don't have kids and I know I haven't provided enough info but I can say that I have wide shoulders.

Saline augmentation

+2

Well it helps going with saline because your doctor can fill you up from about 330 cc to 400 cc with the same implant. Thus you have to give him a general idea and even a picture of how big you want to look.  I encourage my patients to bring in a photo or photos of sizes they like and what they think is a full c.  He can fill up the saline implant accordingly.  Good luck

West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Cup sizes and breast implants.

+1

Although women often come to the consultation with a desired cup size, due to the inconsistency in bra manufacturing, this doesn't often provide adequate information for the plastic surgeon. One women's D cup may be another women's DDD. Sizing systems work well to allow women the opportunity to visualize how different sized implants look on their frame BEFORE going to the operating room. We have found in our office that the Mentor sizing system has increased patient satisfaction rates considerably and it is now standard for all of our patients. As for the use of saline implants, your breasts will likely be more implant that gland and the feel/look of the implant material is very important. Be sure that you really want saline over silicone gel when choosing larger implants for smaller breasts.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implants to Achieve My Goals?

+1

Unfortunately,  no plastic surgeon is able to accurately predict what cup size you will end up wearing after breast augmentation with a certain size implant. I suggest to all my patients that they concentrate on achieving a certain “look”, not a specific cup size, with their breast augmentation surgery.  In other words, my patients know not to base their communication and/or level of satisfaction with the results of surgery based on an arbitrary cup size that will vary from one bra store to another. 

I would also suggest that you communicate your goals with your plastic surgeon ( I prefer the use of goal pictures)  and ask him/her to do his/her best to achieve the results you're looking for. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “D cup” or "side boob" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 You may want to leave it up to him/her to use a breast implant that he/she feels will do the job based on intraoperative evaluation.

Again, the preoperative communication of goals is critical.  Once you feel comfortable that you have communicated your goals clearly ( assuming you have chosen your plastic surgeon carefully),  you will likely feel comfortable allowing him/her to choose the appropriate breast implants for you.

Getting From B to D Cup

+1

Dear Lari,

Without photos and physical examination/measurements, it is hard to present a definitive volume for your implants.

However, based on a 34B then usually a 325cc should be enough to put you at a Full C / Small D. Being more specific with what you like to achieve is important and it will help you be on the same page with your surgeon.

I advise you to seek a consultation with a board certified surgeon of extensive experience who will guide you to make a well informed decision.

Best of luck to you and thank you for your question.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

B to D

+1

Dear Floridian,

Giving you the correct size depends on your chest and breasts circumference measurements. If indeed you are 34 B size, than to reach a D cup you will need a 300 cc implants. 375 cc implants  will bring you to a full D size. Many times the bra size is incorrect, so if you are a small B , The 375 cc implants will give you a D size.  That implants size gives the surgeon the flexibilty of adding more 50cc of saline to the implants , if on the table during surgery it seems necessary to achieve the goal of D cup. Be sure that your surgeon is an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.

Dr Widder

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Implant choices

+1

Without an exam , it is difficult to suggest what implant would be best for you. If concerned, you should see your surgeon or go for another consult.

You're right, you don't have enough information

+1

When choosing a breast implant for a particular patient you must take several things into account.  You need the base diameter of the breast, the location of the crease and the distance from the sternal notch to the nipples.  Then you want to match an implant that fits that dimensions.  I use an Axis 3D simulator to put implants in a patient in real time 3 dimension and evaluate how they would look.  You say you are having 375 cc implants then I assume they are being inflated to 425.  If you don't inflate them to close to the max recommended amount you will have significant wrinkling.  You should aldso be aware there are several new implants by Sientra that are shaped silicone implants which also may work well for you.  If you only wnet on one consultation you might want to consider going on several more before putting down a non refundable deposit.  Good luck, Dr. Schuster in Boca Raton

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Bra Size after breast augmentation

+1

Congratulations on moving forward with your surgery. Obviously a face-to-face examination with measurements is required to adequately make recommendations. But with your info I think 375 cc is a good choice. Nobody can say for sure that it will result in a D but it will be close. Cup sizes vary with bra styles and manufacturers. They are not standardized measurements. Choosing an implant that is 400 cc or less will result in a more natural enhanced appearance. It is also associated with a decreased chance for complications. 

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Size to be D cup

+1

I always would re3commend silicone over saline but putting in about 375 should pretty much give you the look you want but realize cup sixze will vary from one bra manufacturer to another.Good luck.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon