Is 375 Cc Equivalent to C or D Cup?

My breast size was 34b and I wanted somthing natural not big so I asked my surgeon for a C cup , my weight is 54.5 kg and my height is 159cm, I had 375cc 3 days ago they look huge!!! I don't think I will ever like them

375 cc breast implants too large

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The average implant size in the US is 350 ml, but 375 ml may take a full B to a D.  However, if you are a small B then 375 ml should get you to a full C.  these are estimates for average chest wall width of 12.5.  Also, consider that you are still swollen as well.  good luck.

Is 375cc equivalent to C or D cup?

Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width.

Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

BBA

There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.

Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.

I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.

By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Sincerely,

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Implant Selection Process

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Implant size and cup size.

You are likely swollen from your surgery  It can take several weeks for the swelling to resolve.  Please followup with your PS as scheduled.

Questions about implant size after surgery

You are still too early to judge the result of your breast augmentation.  I do not promise a patient a cup size because this is a ticket to disappointment.  It is best to look for a shape or contour that you like.  In our office we use the Vectra 3D imaging system.  This allows the patient to visualize their result prior to surgery.  In one year of use and over 100 breast augmentations I have had no patient complain of an implant size problem.  

Post

Three days after surgery is much too early to be coming to any conclusions about size. Please give youself more time to heal

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Is 375 Cc Equivalent to C or D Cup?

There is no answer to this question. Cup sizes are not uniformly defined and accepted. Many women have three different cup sizes in their bra drawer all of which may fit. 

A 375 cc implant will not result in the same size breast in patients whose natural breast tissue is of different volume and/or shape.

At three days it is quite early to judge size. Implants are often high riding, and seem to bulge at the top and look larger than they will after they settle into position. 

Patience.

Thanks for your question, best wishes. 

Implat size

Have you talked to your surgeon?  Do you not trust him/her?  Your breasts look huge at seven days because it is too early to judge the final result, especially if they are under the muscle.  Diameter is more important than volume for proper fitting of the implant.  Did you try implants on preoperatively?

Talmage Raien MD FACS

drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD
Champaign Plastic Surgeon

We can't predict cup size based on the implant size alone

This is a very common question that is confusing to most patients.  The same implant will give a different cup size to different patients due to many factors.  The size of the patient, the amount of preexisting breast tissue, drooping of thre breasts and the way cup size is measured will all influence the final cup size that a patient gets after surgery.

It is very early after your surgery and you are likely swollen.  375cc is not a large size.  Please give yourself more time before you make and decisions about the size of your breasts.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon