Is 375 cc cresent lift about right for me? (photo)

I'm having surgery in two days I told the doctor in my consultation I wanted a full C tiny D and want a lift he suggested that a full lift wasn't necessary and I should get a 325cc with a cresent lift but I'm thinking more 375cc with cresent lift is that too big? I want Full C tiny D and is a full lift needed? I weigh 120 height 5/4

Breast lift and augmentation

+2

Crescent lifts and donut lifts are not very powerful procedures and often have disappointing results. The scars with these procedures, even with blocking sutures, have a tendency to widen. I would recommend a more substantial breast lift procedure that involves some type of vertical scar. Both the scar around the areola and the vertical scar tend to heal much more predictably and the ability to improve the shape of the breast is much greater. I would also suggest using the more conservative sized implant. In the end, smaller implants with breasts lift surgery almost always have more predictable and effective results.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Yes a bigger lift

+2

In my hands from looking at your pictures I would say a lollipop lift is the way to go. Better final shape and control with this procedure. I do not think a cresent lift is the way to go for you.The lollipop scars fade but a bad shape after a crescent lift means you will want a revision.

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Lift with implants what size

+2

Thank you for your pictures. I would suggest a "lollypop" lift or full lift with implants. I believe you will still look slightly droopy without it. I think that slightly smaller implant would be better as well, but you could have your surgeon bring both the 375cc and 325-350cc with him and try sizers to determine which is best for you.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

+2

Thank you for the pictures. From my experience after looking at your pictures you will need a full lift with the implant on the left breast and at least a Benelli with the implant on the right to achieve a shapely and attractive look. The down side are the scars. Which implant size and profile would be determined by specific measurements taken on physical exam at consultation. Make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in breast lift and augmentation surgery.

Good luck

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Is 375 cc cresent lift about right for me?

+1
Thank you for the question and pictures.  Difficult to give you good advice with the limited photographs posted, but your nipples/areola complexes do seem somewhat low. Therefore, serious consideration to some type of breast lift should be given.
In my opinion, there are many potential problems associated with the “crescent” breast lift. These include the potential for elongation of the areola (oval-shaped).  Very minimal breast lifting is achieved with this operation. If a breast lift is indicated,  a circumareolar ( Benelli) 
breast lift will likely be best.
I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Breast ptosis

+1

Even after the implants are placed, I think that the amount of droop that you have is more than what a crescent lift can correct. You need a more involved breast lift. In my experience, the crescent lift has very little lifting power, and tends to stretch out - which results in an oval shaped nipple complex.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Implant size selection

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Breast lift

+1

In my opinion a cresent or donught lift will not give you the results you´re looking for, these procedures tend to widden after time. I believe that you are a good candidate for a substancial lift that involves a scar.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon