Two Different Opinions on Breast Implant Sizing for a Full C/small D

I am 34 B and i will get my boobs done next month. i visited 2 doctors and one told me to go 350cc and another one told me to get 375 cc it will give me a 34D or something like that. i really need opnions..i really appreciate thank you

Breast implant sizing

+2

The use of sizers in your bra  preoperatively does not accurately correlate with the size of breasts achieved with sub muscular implants. I think that it is very important that you communicate clearly with your surgeon to maximize the chances of achieving your desired breast size.

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.

I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastaugmentation.htm

+1

For all intents and purposes there is no difference in the sizes you have chosen over the long term. It will not make the difference between a C or D cup and amounts to less than 2 tablespoons/

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/breast-enlargement/

Implant choices

+1

A twenty five cc difference when choosing a breast implant is not alot.   Go with the surgeon you feel most comfortable with and who has nice results.

Implant sizing and cup sizing

+1

A picture without a bra is not needed. The answer is that the size of the implant needs to fit the width of your breast and you choose the forward profile depending on whether you want to increase a cup size, a cup-and-1/2, or two cup sizes. If you are a mid B cup now a properly sized high profile implant (saline - Allergan, gel -- either Allergan or Mentor) will get you to a D cup. The most common choice is a medium profile that will increase you from a mid B to a C/D size. The number of cc's is determined by the width of the implant and its profile, not by some arbitrary choice. The implant sizes you mention are at or near the average for medium profile implants and an average width breast but the volume is best determined by the breast width and implant profile. Saline implants can also be filled up to 10 % more than their rated volume without causing problems. Gel implants are prefilled and cannot be adjusted. 

Denver Plastic Surgeon

A cup full.

+1

Dear Ms. Spencer,

It is a bit difficult to tell how much breast tissue that you have with the bra covering your breast.  I will make and assumption that you out that bra and you are truely a "B"  cup.  A very general rule some surgeons use is that for around every 200 cc equals an increase in one cup size.  On that premise, using a 350-375 would put you in the ball park.  Surgeons use  a myriad of other factors to determine the right implant size for you.  You have to at some point trust a surgeon to use his or her judgement on these issues.

Enjoy your journey.

Dr. ES

Different implant sizes

+1

You have angst that many BAM patient experience.  You are concerned about the size of the implant.  You need to understand that 5 cc (or ml) is one teaspoon, and 25 cc is ~ one shot glass.  Therefore, there won't be much difference between the two, and you may not even be able to tell with different bras.  You may even do well with a sltightly larger implant like a 400 cc range.