Would 375 or 400cc's Look Better on Me. 5'0, 125 Lbs, Petite Build

Having BA in a week. I am 5'0, 125lbs, chest width 34, hips 36.5, waist 30 & current size 34b. I have attached a pic of how I look & how I would like to look afterwards. I tried 400's on & they almost seem to big. What size would give me the look of the picture I like...375's? My surgeon wants me in a HP implant.

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Need a lift

+1

You definitely need a lift plus an implant.  The lift will get your breasts back up on your chest.

The implant will give you the size you want.  25 cc won't make enough difference.  Allowing ou surgeon to use his/her best judgment as to which size looks the best.

E. Anthony Musarra II, MD

Common question

+1

The difference between 375 and 400cc is five teaspoons.  In the big scheme of things this is minor and I usually error on the high side.  Your build in my mind would be better suited to a lower profile implant.  This is something I'm sure you have talked with your surgeon about.  Your nipple position is another concern.  Depending on the suprasternal notch to nipple distance I sometimes perform a small crescent lift which leaves minimal scarring.  Again discuss this with your surgeon

Randy Proffitt, MD
Mobile Plastic Surgeon

Implant size and Breast Augmentation

+1

In a breast augmentation, the difference between a 375 and a 400 cc implant is minimal and you probably will not be able to notice the difference between the two.  However, from your preoperative picture and the picture of the breasts you would like to have, you should be made aware that you cannot achieve that kind of result without a breast lift as well as the augmentation.  Discuss this issue with your surgeon prior to your surgery.  Good luck.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Determining implant size

+1

I would recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon. Based on the photo you provided, you appear to be a good candidate for a breast augmentation with a breast lift (mastopexy). A lift would be necessary to improve the shape of your breasts and provide a more long-term result. In regards to determining size of implants to be used, it is difficult to provide an exact cc number. It is important that I communicate with patients to discuss overall goals prior to proceeding with surgery. Every surgeon uses various techniques to determine the best implants to use based on each individual patient. Intra-operatively, I use sizers to determine the best-fit profile and cc’s depending on the patient’s internal anatomy and overall look they would like to achieve.

375 or 400?

+1

you clearly are not ready mentally for surgery. the result you expect is not possible without a concomitant lift. 25cc is less than an ounce and would not make any noticeable difference in your result. but the operation as you outlined it is incorrect. show your plastic surgeon the same pictures, I bet (hope) he/she has you schduled for a lift

Rafael C. Cabrera, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Unrealistic expectaions

+1

A 25cc difference in size is not very noticeable. From your photos it does appear that some type of lift would be indicated to give you a better result. You are not quite built like the other picture you posted.  I would recommend a HP gel of a size to give you the fullness you want but I would not use a HP saline because your chet diameter is too wide for that type. You really need to discuss this more with your surgeon or get a second opinion.

David Nicholas Csikai, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants and lift

+1
25 cc's is barely noticeable. I think that either is fine and I would select a HP also. You should also consider a lift. Good luck!

Michael A. Fiorillo, MD

Unrealistic understanding of your starting point before breast augmentation

+1

Are you aware that you need a lift because of the downward position of your nipples?  I hope you can see that in your photos and that your doctor discussed it with you.  My opinion is that you will be very unhappy with the result without a lift.  There is no way to look like the desired photo because you are very different.  The key here is not 25 cc of implant difference but the need for a lift for a good result.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Realistic expectations?

+1

Andrea,

I hope that you are going in to your surgery with realistic expectations.  I don't know whose picture you showed for your after goals, but she does NOT have the same body type, or breast shape that you have.  I would therefore almost NEVER expect your result to look like hers.  Your plastic surgeon probably suggested a HP implant in attempt to avoid the need for a lift, especially if you declined the scarring involved with a lift.  Be sure that your plastic surgeon is board certified/eligible by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  You might also consider a second pre-operative consultation to finalize your goals and expectations.  It appears that you really would benefit from a lift procedure and the use of a wider based (i.e. not HP) implant to match your chest size.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD