375 or 400 Cc? 5'2 108 Lbs

Recently had my consultation. I'm 5’2, 108 lbs, currently a 32/34 b and would like to be a full C, maybe a small D. I have a good amount of breast tissue; use to be fuller but had lost volume from weight lost. The look I want is full yet natural, some side boobs, and a nice define cleavage. For a petite girl, I have broad shoulders, no waistline, and big hips, (32, 28, 34). I’m stuck between two sizes: 375 or 400 cc. Any advice? Thanks

Implant Selection Process

+1

Without examining you, I would recommend 400cc.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Mini Ultimate Breast Lift to correct multiple problems

+1

At size 32 or 34 B each 100 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  If you wanted to be a small D then approximately 200 cc's would be adequate.  I recommend silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural.  However, you describe other problems such as side boobs and loss of cleavage.  These can be corrected using a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast, increase the upper pole fullness and increase the cleavage.  You may be an excellent candidate for this technque.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Cant decide on the size

+1

The difference between the 375 cc. implant and the 400 cc. implant is 3 mm. That is very small. The larger you get the less natural you will look.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

375 or 400 Cc

+1

Your two options are so similar that I doubt you or your surgeon could tell which was which of one of each were inserted. The difference is less than two tablespoons. 

"Natural"  and "side boobs" and "cleavage" may be self contradictory. That you will get those is hard to suggest even with the benefit of an in person exam, let alone in response to a question without a photo. 

In my office I would have your try on implants, and usually choose an implant 10% larger than the one that looks right, since the trial implants placed over the breast will look larger that the same size surgically inserted. Don't lose too much sleep over the choice between 375 and 400

Thanks, and best wishes.

Implant Sizing

+1

The best thing to do is wear a large bra and place sample implants in the bra under a tight t-shirt.  Look in the mirror and see which you prefer.

In my practice, if a woman can't decide between two very similar implant sizes, I usually recommend that they go with the larger one.  I have found that patients will complain if they go with a smaller implant, but not if they go with a larger size.  Of course, such an approach works with my patient population and should be customized to you.  I will say that if your implant will be going under the muscle, plan to lose about 30cc in implant appearance.  This also implies going with the larger option.

In the end, it's your decision as long the size you choose is safe and appropriate for your body.  Make sure you are seeing a board certified plastic surgeon.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Implant Sizes for B to C/D cup

+1

With regard to implant choices to enlarge your breasts, there are a number of things to consider. Your chest circumference and breast width are very important factors when choosing an implant.

The best thing to do is to try on some sizers in a non-padded bra at your plastic surgeon's office to figure out what you think looks good. Don't get hung up on cup size or even implant size. After you've made your decision, ask your surgeon if he or she thinks the implant you've picked would safely fit within your body's measurements. In general, an implant should be selected with a diameter that fits within your breast width. An implant that is too large for your frame can be fraught with potential complications.

Your current height and weight shows that you have a petite frame. It's not going to take a large implant to become a D cup. For example, a 250cc implant in a small person may bump someone up 2 cup sizes. But, for someone who is 6'0" and 150 lbs, they may bump up only 1 cup size because their chest circumference and breast width are much wider. In my experience, for someone who wears a 32B bra who chooses a 375 or 400cc implant will end up wearing at least a 32D or 32DD bra. Plus, there isn't much difference between 375 and 400 cc's. This difference is less than 1 ounce.

Thank you for your question and best of luck!

Gregory C. Park, M.D.

Gregory Park, MD

The right breast implant size

+1

Thank you for your question. As you can imagine, it is impossible to select the best implant size for you without examining your chest. I can, however, give you some considerations. The volume of the implant, whether 375cc, 400cc or another size, depends on a variety of factors. The first consideration would be to measure the width of your breast and chest. This will allow the proper implant width to be selected to look both full and natural. The projection of the implant can then be chosen based on how full you wish to be. 

Selecting an implant based on volume alone is fraught with problems. A 400cc high profile implant will look very different than a 400cc moderate profile implant. Thinking more 3 dimensionally will help your choice. I am sure that your plastic surgeon can help you with this.

The other thing to keep in mind is to not obsess too much over a 25cc difference. Most people are unable to tell the difference between 25cc's. Since women rarely wish that they went smaller and it is not uncommon to wish they were a bit larger, it is not unreasonable to err on the larger sized implant.

Best of luck with your choice and I hope that this was helpful.

Jeff Rockmore

Jeffrey Rockmore, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implant Size for Me?

+1

As you can imagine it is not possible to provide you with precise advise without direct examination and a full communication of your goals. Some generalizations may be helpful to you:

The difference between 375 mL or 400 mL will probably not be a noticeable difference.  Also  the most common regret after this operation is "I wish I was bigger”.

I would suggest that spending more time with your plastic surgeon ( assuming you have done your due diligence carefully)  will be more important than spending time with online consultants.This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “small D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.