Which Breast Size Will Suit me Best?

I am a 30 yr. old mom with 3 breast fed kids. I am 5'7" and 125 lbs. Breast circumference is 13cm. Slight sag, but nipples are still above the fold. I am looking for a more natural C cup look. I was told by one Dr. that Mid Profile 334-371cc would give me shape, fill, and still look natural. The other Dr. thinks that High Profile 401-440cc would look best. BOTH Dr.'s want to do a Dual Plane. I am choosing Silicone. I personally don't like the High Profile look so I'm quite confused.

High profile vs. Mid profile.

+1

It is most important that the implant chosen is appropriate to the anatomy of your breast. Surgeons try to choose an implant that has the same width as the breast, and in your case it looks like both surgeons did that. I find that letting the patient try the implants on is helpful. 

Within the limits of breast width, using a high profile implant will allow for a larger size. If you don't like the high profile implant for whatever reason, it looks like you have made your decision.

Good luck.

What size implant?

+1

The implant must be matched to your breast and body.  Measurements of the breast dimensions help guide thoughtful surgeons in directing you and choosing an appropriate size implant.  I try to avoid discussing cup size, it is arbitrary and too subjective. I have every patient of mine bring in photographs as examples of their desired result. This visual, plus measurements, are what I use to help the patient select implant size.

Based on the information you provided, your range could be 350 to 400cc.  However, examing the breast, including shape, tissue characteristics will narrow that final size down.

Steven S. Carp, MD
Akron Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant sizing

+1

It is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Picking the implant size for you.

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning

2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS