Is 37 Too Young for a Quick Lift?

I don't mind natural age wrinkles but I think my developing jowels & loosening skin make me look older than I really am. Do people my age normally get this procedure or is it very unusual?

Best Age For A Quicklift

+1

I have performed Quicklifts on patients ranging from their late 30's to mid 80's and age is rarely a factor in determining if they are a good candidate. The degree of aging (jowling, cheek and neck laxity), patient expectations, and their health are all important considerations in deciding if your a good surgical candidate. This can only be determined by a consultation with a surgeon who regularly performs the Quicklift procedure. Best of health and good luck.

Age doesn't matter

+1

What is most important is that your extent of jowling, loose skin and health are appropriate for surgery. 

Dominic Bray, MBBS, FRCS
London Facial Plastic Surgeon

Appearance Main Determination for Mini Lift, Not Age.

+1

The Jowls and loose skin you describe indicate that you are likely a good candidate for a mini lift procedure like the Quick Lift. However, a consultation with an exam would be needed to verify this.

With a Quick Lift, Lite Lift™, or other mini lift procedures you can look the way you feel. The natural results of this “mini-facelift” are a major reason why many of our patients choose this over older facelift methods. Our patients want to look like themselves, but more rested and youthful. Because of its minimally-invasive counter-gravity nature, the Lite Lift™ and MAC techniques rejuvenate the face without altering its essential character. Our patients often say that their friends comment on their refreshed appearance, but never guess that they’ve had surgery.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

What is the "right" age for a QuickLift?

+1

The QuickLift is a variation fo purse string facelift appropriate for patients in good health with mild to moderate jowling and looseness. Age is irrelevant. A particularly unlucky 37 year old with actual, appreciable looseness may be a good candidate, while a 70 year old with amazing genes (minimal looseness) or poor health may be a poor candidate.

In other words, if you are in good health, and you have appreciable howling, age is irrellevant.

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Quicklift, LiteLift™, LifeStyle Lift, Modified Facelifts: Best Age for Surgery

+1

Quicklift, LiteLift™, LifeStyle Lift, Modified Facelifts: Best Age for Surgery -

• These are all modified facelifts.
  • They all adress the muscle layer or SMAS.
  • LiteLift™ and Quicklift use a circular or purse string MACS type tightening.
  • They all use more limited incisions.
  • They all do a verticle lift.
  • The LiteLift™ is not a chain of surgery centers and is only done in a intimate private, exclusive setting in Newport Beach California.
  • The best age is always younger when there will be a less drastic change and maintenance is always a better idea.
  • You will heal quickly and look great for years to come.

Quicklift in a 37 year old

+1

Quicklift is a specific kind of procedure which uses a couple of circular sutures similar to the MACS type lift but with incision extended behind the ear as in mini-face lift incisions. The Quicklift is an excellent lift for rejuvenation of the lower face and neck but especially in patients who need to enhance midface or cheek volume. I would not recommend it as my first choice in patients with heavy faces. With regards to your age, it is a bid on the younger side and I wonder if a more conservative approach such as a chin and or cheek implant to improve facial volume, contour and projection or skin resurfacing, neuromodulators or fillers may adequately address your immediate cosmetic needs and save the "face lift" for another 10-20 years. Find a surgeon who has experience with all options and listens well.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

Age is not an issue for a Quicklift

+1
If you see laxity in your face and feel you need an improvement, then your age is not important. I've performed minilifts on patients in their early 30's.
Andrew C. Campbell, M.D.
Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Quick lift

+1

It is not unnatural to have this done at your age.  I do minimally invasive cheek lifts in my office for patients with similar complaints; no scars on the face.

Samer W. Cabbabe, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Age limit for Quicklift

+1

There is no true age limit to a facial rejuvanation procedures, including Quicklift.  The youngest person I have performed Facial rejuvenation surgery is 27 and the oldest is over 80.  The procedures are a bit different but the age alone is not a contraindication.

Discuss your concerns with a board certified plastic surgeon and together you will be able to find the best solution for your specific needs.  It may be a Quicklift, or more or less aggressive procedure. 

Best Wishes, Boris Volshteyn MD

Boris Volshteyn, MD, MS
East Brunswick Plastic Surgeon

Quicklift, lifestylelift, midfacelifts are popular for many

+1

No, people your age do get this procedure. All people age differently. This procedure helps to rejuvenate. It does help the nasolabial folds, the jowls, and the neck, but results will vary with the patients anatomy. A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is recommended. 

Joanne Lopes, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon