37 Year Old Removing Old Saline Implants to Get Silicone and Want to Be Bigger, Options?

I am supposed to be a full C cup, not sure if I need 371 or 397 cc please advise I am replacing old saline done in 2005 they got hard don't remember the term they use for that reason please advice I spoke with the surgeon but he said 339 I wanted bigger this time. 122 pounds 5'4 tall, Thanks

Implant choices

+2

Sounds like you developed a capsular contracture.   Going to an implant that you mentioned may or may not be a problem. It really depends upon your exam and what you have in now.

Going larger and correcting capsular contraction possible

+2

A capsular contraction can be corrected during an implant exchange. Going from 339 to 371 or 397 cc would not be an issue. Good luck!

Donna Rich, MD

Revising breast implants to be larger

+2

Really the best way to be able to discuss with you what your best option is to revise your breast surgery to be larger would be to meet with you, examine you and take measurements. Once that information is known, a board-certified plastic surgeon can review your options with you. There are different profiles of implants that allow more volume for a given base width which allows us more flexibility. I hope this helps.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

A bigger implant with replacement, but what size

+2

It is difficult to anticipate the next size to consider when we do not know what implant you are currently wearing, how you look, and what you wish to look like. Add in the problem of capsular contracture and it seems we are far from simply choosing a number for you.

Best of luck, Peter Johnson, MD

You need to be seen first

+2

You have capsular contracture. Talk to a plastic surgeon. They can be removed and replaced. You can have larger if you want.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Saline to silicone exchange with capsular contracture, upsize options.

+1

Hard to say without photos, measurements, and of course seeing you in person.  That said, it sounds like you have capsular contracture that can be addressed at time of surgery.  It is common to go from saline to silicone. It is also common to upsize.  Just how much upsizing is a balance of your anatomy and the desired goals.  Best to talk with a few board certified plastic surgeons.  Bring photos of your (reasonable) goals to the consult.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Revisionary Breast Implant Surgery and “ Going Bigger”?

+1

For patients planning on breast augmentation revisionary surgery it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “going bigger” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. 
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.