I Am 37 Year Old 122 Pounds 5'4 Getting Breast Implants Should 371cc Get Me to a C Cup? (photo)

I am getting remove my old implants of saline done in 2005 due to hardiness of them planning of having silicone instead of saline, want to get 371cc I want a full C cup is this ok or need 397cc. to get the final results i want. thanks

Implant choices

+2

You did not mention what size you had with your salines.  But the two implants that you chose are only slightly different in volume and should not make a big difference.  An exam in perosn owuld help.

371cc vs. 397cc

+2

The difference between these two implants is negligible.  It would be helpful to know what size implants you have now and what your goals are for the long term

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Breast Implant Sizes

+2

Without seeing you in person or knowing more about your specific surgery in the past (for example, the size of your current implants), it is impossible to give you specific information.  I think it is a good idea to switch to silicone as I feel these give a much more natural result.

Good Luck with your surgery.

David Shafer, MD

A 371cc implant is virtually identical to a 397cc implant

+2

First, to answer your question whether you should choose 371 or 397, the answer is: it doesn't matter.  The difference between the two implants is minimal, you wouldn't be able to differentiate between them unless they were sitting side be side.

To answer your question what implant size will give you a C cup, we need to know what cup size you are now, what you were before your implants, and what implants you have right now.

Sincerely,

Dr. Martin Jugenburg 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Best Breast Implant Size for Revisionary Breast Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

In order to give you accurate advice, much more information is needed.  most importantly, physical examination will determine your current situation;  a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals will also be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.‚Ä®Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

What your breasts will look like after explantation  depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 

Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.

Again, consulting with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons in person will prove much more helpful than online consultation.

Breast Implants

+1

Don't just guess. You should try on sizers to see how each will fill out your clothing. For most people your size it takes more to fill out your bra if the implant is under the muscle. Fill a measuring cup to 400 cc with rice, pour it into a baggie and place it in your bra. That;ll be closer to a C cup.  

Thanks for the question,

Dr. Foster

Lawrence Foster, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

I Am 37 Year Old 122 Pounds 5'4 Getting Breast Implants Should 371cc Get Me to a C Cup?

+1

The posted photo is very poor, so very hard to answer. Best to see in person a few PSs in your area in person to discuss the sizing. 

Breast Implant sizing again!

+1

Nana,

The photograph is not very informative.  We cannot tell much about your current breast size or your capsular contractures.  In general, a 371cc implant should give almost anyone with any breast tissue a C cup result.  A large C cup would be more likely with a 397cc implant.  Discussion with your plastic surgeon will provide you with more information.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD