I Am a 37 Y/o White Female, I Had Lower Lid Blepharoplasty with Some Fat Removal, Lids are Now Droopy, is this Permanent?

I had no skin removal, the scar is just slightly under my lash line up into my smile creases. I am 6 days post op, my bruising and swelling has gone down a lot but, my lids appear droopy an very dry. Is it possible my lids will stay droopy and will my scars fade away?

Droopy eyelids after Blepharoplasty

+3

After lower eyelid blepharoplasty it is possible to see the scars but they are typically really hard to find.  If no skin was removed, then you have a very low risk of droopy eyelids long-term.  Best of luck with your surgery.

Everett Plastic Surgeon

Six days post blepharoplasty to soon to determine results

+2

Six days post blepharoplasty surgery is to soon to determine any actual results. The swelling alone may be causing the droopy appearance. You could start some eye exercises and start trying to squeeze your eyes closed like a hard squint and do that five times in a row three times a day. I place all of my brow lift and blepharolpasty patients on an opthalmic ointment for use at bedtime and moisturizing opthalmic drops to be used three to five times a day during the waking hours. This should help with the dryness and not causing any further irritation. If you do have some laxity in the lower lids and you are not getting proper closure of the eye then this will lead to dryness and irritation. I would suggest contacting your surgeons office for an evaluation and discuss your concerns. Best regards and time is on your side!

Michael Elam, MD

Postop lower lid blepharoplasty

+2

You are still very early in your postoperative recovery.  Give yourself some more time to heal  - it is too early to make any predictions on how you will heal.  The eyelids do generally heal very well and scars tend to fade.  Good luck.

Keshini Parbhu, MD
Orlando Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lids are droopy six days after surgery

+1

Please wait six months before evaluating the results of your surgery, not six days.  Almost certainly, this is not permanent.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon