I Am 37 Have 2 Kids Both C-session My Uterus is Enlarged and I Have Intrameral Fibroids. Can I Have Tummytuck?

Tummy tuck when the uterus is enlarged?

+1

If your gyn is not recommending a hysterectomy, it's probably fine to go ahead with a tummy tuck.  If you were to need an abdominal hysterectomy in the future, the tummy tuck incisiion could likely be used by the gyn surgeon.

If you have heavy bleeding with your periods, make sure you mention this to your surgeon and make sure you take iron to keep your blood level healthy.  There usually isn't much blood loss with tummy tuck but it's best to go into surgery with a "full tank". 

Tummy Tuck and Enlarger Uterus

+1

If hysterectomy has not been recommended, tummy tuck can proceed with an enlarged uterus.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Tummy tuck questions

+1

You can certainly have a tummy tuck. My question is this; do you need a hysterectomy? If so, the two procedures are often done at the same time safely. Talk to both your gynecologist and a plastic surgeon to see if this is an option for you.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Can I Have Tummytuck?

+1

Yes, if you "need" a TT you can have one. Question is timing and priorities. You don't comment as to whether treatment has been recommended for the uterus--either hysterectomy, fibroid removal, or endovascular treatment. 

It would probably best not to do a TT at the time of a major open gyn operation.

If no treatment is in the offing, the TT could be done anytime.

All the best. 

First things first before tummy tuck

+1

If you do have an issue with uterine enlargement and fibroids, it might be best to have these issues addressed and resolved before a tummy tuck. This way you can feel more confident in getting the best result, and not having to worry about what might come after that could compromise your result.

Of course you can do TT/ por supuesto que puedes realizarte un TT

+1

your best choise could be  first extirpate the intrameral fibroid and after  realize the TT i dont council  to realize  both procedures at same time it is highly jeopardizing and  bother to you, unless than  intrameral could be solved by endoscopic way ( then small tumors only).

lo correcto seria primero realizarte la extirpacion de fibromas uterinos y luego el TT no al mismo tiempo, al menos  que la extirpacion de los fibromas sea por via endoscopica y sean pequeños  pudiese realizarse simultaneamente

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon