I Am 37 and Had a Tummy Tuck 5 Years Ago. Can I Have a Safe Delivery and Pregnancy? (photo)

The concern I have is whether my belly muscles would get large enough to hold a growing baby for nine months. I had two pregnancies. The first, my son was born at 37 weeks; and the twins were 36 weeks. Both times I felt streched to the max and my water broke before I went into labor. I had the surgery to correct an ambilical hernia. Which actually returned two months after the mini tummy tuck. Is my dream of a fourth child out of the question?

Pregnancy after tummytuck should not be a problem

+1

it would be very unlikely that you would encounter problems related to your prior abdominoplasty if you were to become pregnant again. of course you would likely need to redo the abdominoplasty after delivery to regain your pre-pregnancy appearance.

Schenectady Plastic Surgeon

You will be fine

+1

You will be fine with another pregnancy. You will need to have full tummy tuck to fix the extra skin and repair the hernia year after delivery .

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Pregnancy after Tummy Tuck

+1

While your hernia may enlarge, and you may require a revision of your abdominoplasty, there is no reason to worry about your muscles affecting your pregnancy. 

Donald Griffin, MD