I am 36yo and 2 weeks post op. I had a breast lift w/implant, full tummy tuck, bbl and Lipo. How much longer until I'm okay?

I am still in a significant amount of pain. Still not able to lift my self up from a laying position. I am wondering how much longer do I expect to be like this. I planned for two weeks down time, but I am still in need of it. My feet are swollen and I get a tingling sensation around my breast and stomach. I have been sleeping with my feet and my head raised. This is tolerable but almost everywhere I look, it says 2 weeks. I'm at 2 weeks and don't see an end in sight. Please

2 WEEKS POST OP

+2

Given the fact that you have had multiples procedures, it is still too soon to expect to be up and around as normal. Your body needs time to recover. Typically with a tummy tuck it takes at least 2 weeks before you start moving around with more ease and less discomfort but it varies from patient to patient. It can take up to 4 weeks before you feel like yourself . With the additional procedures you have had your recovery will take longer. For my patients, by the 4th week they are able to return to work and day to day activities but with restrictions such as no heavy lifting and no work outs. Be sure to follow your surgeon's guidelines closely. I suggest you contact your surgeon’s office regarding the fact that you still have significant pain and swollen legs just to be safe.

You Are Just Beginning

+1

Anyone who told you the recovery from all of that would be two weeks has never had it done. Two weeks and you should be getting out of bed and a round a bit. I went back to work then, but I was not up to full speed, yet. I still walked a little bent over and tired easily. I still had swelling for sure. It was three months before my shoes weren't snug. I tell my patients it's usually 6-8 weeks before they will have all their energy back and be in full swing again. It takes months for all the swelling to go down and a couple of years for the scars to mature. There is a variation on how fast people heal, but with abdominoplasties it is always longer than patients expect. That does not mean that there is anything wrong. You sound normal to me. At this point you just need to put one foot in front of the other and know that you are heading in the right direction. Eventually you will be glad you did. I am every day.

Lori H. Saltz, MD

Be patient.

+1

Dear Shy_n_sexy:

The answer to your question is " BE PATIENT " . The surgery is not a magic act , your body needs time to heal.Remember that your body has been attacked by the surgery in several areas and each one must pass a recovery process .

The minimum time of rest that I will require my patients when they are undergoing a mommy makeover is 4 weeks . After the fourth week you can return to your work or routine but with great caution and under the guidance of your doctor.

During the first 4-6 weeks I suggest to my patients not to lift heavy items , walking hunched, not stay in bed all the time (it's good walks around the house ) have lymphatic drainage massage after the 10 days to help decrease edema caused by liposuction and the disciplined use of the girdle.

The average time to start seeing the final results is 3-6 months. I wish you a successful recovery and remember: be patient !

Regards,

Javier Baez Angles, MD

Two weeks after mommy make over and BBL

+1
  1. Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck, breast lift, breast enlargement, liposuction and Brazilian buttock lift surgery.
  2. You had a lot of surgery. Many surgeons won't do all this at one time.
  3. Yes, two weeks after a tummy tuck most people no longer have pain. But you had two additional major operations. Your recovery will be slower.
  4. Significant abdominal pain, unable to sit up and swollen legs are unusual at this point.
  5. See your surgeon to be examined to be sure all is well. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD