I Am a 36DD What Size Will I Be After my Reducton if They're Removing 500 Gm of Tissues?

i am only 18 years old weigh about 170 pounds, 5'6 . i just got approved for surgery which there doing on the 11th of july. my doctor says my insurance only will pay if the remove a lil over a pound each breast. i am worried cuz she says i might be as small as a B. but i know it will be worth it because i have pain in my back and i cant even participate in activities without neck pain :( i am so scared but hoping everything goes well.

Breast reduction and final result

+1

Without an exam, it is impossible for me to give a rough idea of what final size you could end up.  Good luck.

It is not possible to predict bra size after breast reduction

+1

Hi there-

It sounds like you should expect to benefit significantly from breast reduction surgery, and   of course it is also normal for you to be feeling some anxiety about the process and what you can expect afterwords.

On the other hand, it is not possible to responsibly or accurately predict what size your breasts will be after surgery... You won't know what bra you prefer until your surgeon clears you to go shopping.

But even with this little bit of uncertainty, it is a fact that breast reduction surgery is one of the procedures associated with the very highest level of patient satisfaction overall.

Good luck!

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Cup Size after Breast Reduction?

+1

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; it is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.
Unfortunately, there is no direct correlation between the amount of tissue removed and the ultimate cup size that a patient will wear after breast reduction surgery. I'm sure your plastic surgeon also informed you that the weights to be removed on each side are only estimations.
Before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” etc. means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. 
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
Generally, I advise patients undergoing breast reduction surgery to go small enough to alleviate symptoms related to breast hypertrophy as much as possible while retaining as much breast tissue as necessary to maintain proportionality between the upper and lower torso.

Breast reduction sizing

+1
If you have insurance coverage on the basis of back pain, then the concern should be to remove enough breast tissue to improve your back condition. You may be a large B/small C but, at 18, it is likely that you will gain weight over time and that your breast size will increase as well.

Robert L. Kraft, MD