36B/34C. Want to be E Cup. 410cc or 460cc Partial Unders?

I Am 36b/34c at the Moment, I Want to Be an E Cup. Should I Have 410 or 460 Partial Unders. I have had no chilren and am 26, 5'7, 140lbs. I am having a breast enlargement on the 1st of november because I compete in body fitness competitions and when I diet I lose all of my size. I want to be proportioned so I look more of an hour glass as my hips are 34.5 inches. I can't deide between the 410 or 460 implants. I am having them partially under the muscle and want to be around an e cup as I like the pictures of different celebs with this size bust a curvy figures such as kim kardashian

Specific Goals Require Thoughtful Personalized Recommendations

+2

Katie,

Congratulations on your fitness achievements!

Please understand that it is impossible to give you the specific kind of advice you request on the Internet. You ask about important and specific parameters including a particular balance in your figure, an attractive proportion that will please you and work for you in your competitions. As a plastic surgeon, that is a challenge to accomplish in person; impossible in an Internet forum!

You owe it to yourself to find the right surgeon for you, with whom you communicate well, your confident you are on the same page, and confident in his/her skills.

Good luck with your surgery and your continued fitness!

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Really, an E-cup after breast augmentation

+2

As is always said in life, be careful what you ask for. Photos provided to your surgeon are essential so that the E-cup you ask for is what your result will actually be. I do not think even the 460 cc. implant will get you there, and you may need an implant of 600 cc. or larger. Consider that this very large implant will likely not fit under the chest muscle, and if your surgeon could get it there, as a fitness competitor muscular displacement will become an issue. Finally, keep in mind as you reduce body fat for competition the implants will show through and appear less than natural.

peterejohnsonmd

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Sizing

+1

There are several variables in determining implant size.  When recommending implant size for my patients, I consider the followings: 1) patients' anatomy (height, weight, chest width, chest height, amount of breast tissue) and 2) patients' desired look/goal.  Without knowing your chest measurement and breast tissue amount, I cannot give you any recommendation.  You should visit with board-certified plastic surgeon who will examine you.  Try implant sizers to get a rough estimate of the size you may want.  As you know, bra/cup size will vary depending on the brand.  Good luck with you.
Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD

Breast implant size

+1

The more breast surgery I do the more I realize that there is no correlation between the size of implant and resulting cup size.  This may have to do with several factors including: the amount of breast volume the patient starts with, the shape of the patient's chest wall (concave or convex), the type and model of breast implant selected (saiine/silicone  and low/moderate/high profile), bra  manufacturer variance  in cup sizes, the  degree  of filling of the cup  with breast tissue,  and the subjective differences in patients perceptions of cup size. 

Much of the final “look” achieved after breast augmentation surgery  depends on several factors:
1. The initial shape, size (volume of breast tissue), symmetry of the patient's breasts. In general, the better the  preoperative breast appearance the more likely the breast augmentation “look” will be optimal.
2. The experience/skill level of the surgeon is important in determining the final outcome. For example, the accurate and gentle dissection of the breast implant pockets are critical in producing  long-term  well-placed breast implants. I personally think that these 2 factors are more important than any others, including type (saline or silicone)  or model (low/moderate/high profile)  of implant.
3. The type of implant used may  determine the final outcome, especially if the patient does not have significant covering breast or adipose tissue. For example, some surgeons feel that silicone implants have a more natural look and feel than saline implants because silicone gel has a texture that is similar to breast tissue. Each patient differs in the amount of breast tissue that they have.  If a patient has enough breast tissue to cover the implant, the final result will be similar when comparing saline implants versus silicone gel implants.  If a patient has very low body fat and/or very little breast tissue, the silicone gel implants may provide a more "natural" result.
On the other hand, saline implants have some advantages over silicone implants. Silicone implant ruptures are harder to detect. When saline implants rupture, they deflate and the results are seen almost immediately. When silicone implants rupture, the breast often looks and feels the same because the silicone gel may leak into surrounding areas of the breast without a visible difference.  Patients may need an MRI to diagnose a silicone gel rupture.   Saline implants are also less expensive than the silicone gel implants.
Other differences involve how the breast implants are filled. Saline implants are filled after they’re implanted, so saline implants require a smaller incision than prefilled silicone breast implants.
On May 10, 2000, the FDA granted approval of saline-filled breast implants manufactured by Mentor Corporation and McGhan Medical. To date, all other manufacturers’ saline-filled breast implants are considered investigational.
As of 2006, the FDA has approved the use of silicone gel implants manufactured by the Mentor Corporation and Allergan (formerly McGhan) for breast augmentation surgery for patients over the age of 22.
4. The size and model of breast implant used may  make a  significant difference in the final outcome. Therefore, it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Breast augmentation

+1

When choosing between two sizes I usually say pick the bigger size so long as it fits on your rib cage. But I don't think 460 would get you to an E cup.

David E. Kim, MD

Breast implants

+1

The simplest way for you to get an idea about what size is right for you would be to perform a baggy test with rice or water and see what looks right for you.

Deciding between two different breast implant sizes

+1

I would recommend trying sizers, one 410 on the right and a 460 on the left and checking yourself out in a mirror. Take a couple of photographs. Try on some different outfits. ASk some firends. The size difference is relatively little. However, you should tyr to make the most informed decision that you can.

The 50 cc dilemma

+1

50cc is a small amount of fluid. A can of soda has 355cc, When considering two volumes that are not that far off, always pick the larger one. In my experience I have never had a patient regret picking the larger of two sizes. One of my patients was a top ten finalist at the Olympia competition for figure. She opted for 500cc, and was very happy.

Good luck

Jose M. Soler-Baillo, MD

Very big breast implants always look fake.

+1

Hi.

1) It is the job of the plastic surgeon not just to sell you what you think you want (very large breasts), but to guide you and do what is in your long term best interest. I would not try to make you an E cup. Very large implants stretch your tissues and age very badly.

2) If you are a body builder, you want moderate size breast implants (300 cc's is a guess) and only over the muscle, so that your breasts don't look distorted when you lift weights.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)