I Am 36B/34C. Can I Go BIG Without Having 3 Breast Surgeries?

I am 5.4", 118 lbs and I want to go BIG but I dont want to have multiple surgeries. Is it possible that I can have DD or F without having too many surgeries? And what cc should I get to have them? Thanks.

UPDATE: Today I went for my first consultation. Well.. Dr. told me that I can go to 600 cc without any problem. He suggested that I should not go larger this time because of same reason; fake, thinner skin etc.But according to him, 600cc will give me good look.I just want to look good and not fake.I dont know what size i will get if i get 600

Larger breast augmentation

+2
I think you will be able to reach your goals with 1 or 2 operations. I communicate these goals with then use of "goal pictures" of what the patient is trying to achieve because cup sizes vary depending on who makes the bra. I also use saline or silicone implants depending on the patients goals. Sometimes it is necessary to use the largest saline filled implants and overfill them to reach the size goals. The largest silicone implants made in the U.S are 800 cc implants. You should also be aware of the potential problems associated with larger breasts including the potential for back/shoulder pain, stretching of the skin, atrophy (thinning) of breast tissue, firmness of implants (overfilled saline)...

Big breast implants

+2
You can go to DD ( or perhaps larger) in one procedure, but there are tradeoffs. The greater percentage of your final volume that is implant, the more your breasts will appear and behave like implants. Judging from your photo, there is probably enough pre-existing breast volume to camouflage larger implants well. Your surgeon, if he or she uses Allergan implants, will want to use the largest Style 45 (full profile) implants possible for your breast base width. Do NOT use saline if you are going large, and realize your chance of losing some or all of your nipple sensation increases roughly in proportion to implant size. If you like the implant look, consider subglandular rather than submuscular, but you could have a great result either way.

Steve Laverson, MD

Sizing

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Implant Selection Process

+1

The larger the implant, the higher the risk of complications.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Breast Implants - I Am 36B/34C. Can I Go BIG (DD or F) Without Having 3 Surgeries?

+1

Hi Alicia,

You can probably go pretty big, but whether or not that is truly advisable is something you'll have to discuss with your PS.

First, though, from a technical standpoint, it LOOKS (from the photo) like you can have a reasonably large implant.  A lot depends on things I can't see from the photo (how much extra skin you have, how thin it is, etc) but it looks like there's enough to have a fairly large implant.  At least some kind of D, although I don't know if you can go to an F right away.  You should also be aware that cup sizes vary from manufacturer to manufacturer - a Victoria's Secret D might be someone else's C - so try not to be too fixated on a specific size.

What I try to advise my patients to do is to choose an implant that will look right on them.  There is obviously some wiggle room there, but the larger the implant the more it will look "implanty," and the larger the implant the greater the potential for perioperative complications.  Factors such as excess skin, how broad the shoulders and chest are and how tight the tissues are (they tend to be looser if there have been pregnancies or weight gain/loss from any reason than in younger patients and/or those who have always had very tight skin).  Bringing some photos of the results you'd like can help you and your PS make a decision as to what size will come closest to giving you what you want while, at the same time, minimizing the potential for any problems. 

Also in general - silicone gel implants look and feel softer and more natural than saline implants do, although there are many exceptions to that and some of that also has to do with the percent of filling of the saline implants (the less they're filled the softer they'll feel - but they'll then also be more likely to be associated with rippling that can be seen and felt, particularly in thinner women).

In short, there is no absolute answer to what you're asking - but I think that you can get an excellent result with a single procedure and I would, in general, aim for a nice, realistic result with one procedure rather than been dead-set on a specific bra cup size.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

DD Cup Size Easy to Achieve, Happiness with Size Tougher

+1

hi alicia 1588:

your goal of "DD cup size" is fairly easy to achieve surgically, but may not make you happy with your resulting look. asking for DD breasts is not very helpful in determining how many ccs. you will need to reach that size.  it is likely that you are neither 34C or 36B, more likely 32D (right now!).  so a DD in your rib cage size (with your small frame, i can't imagine you measure more than 32 under the breasts) is not that much bigger!  and just FYI, your number size doesn't change when your breasts do (only when your rib cage gets bigger!!!).  DD is different for each number size. (32DD is smaller than 34DD is smaller than 36 DD and 40 DD is pretty BIG!).  it is beyond challenging to discuss cup size with patients and translate to ccs...especially when understanding bra fit and sizing is extremely complicated.  i would guess that if you want to be a DD in your real bra size ( i would guess 32)  you would need less than 400 cc (smaller than my "average" augmentation size of 450 cc) and be quite full and overflow your double D cup, but if you have a certain look that you want to achieve...you will be a lot happier with your final look if you "try on' implants till you get the kind of look you are going for.  i doubt that when you get the look you sound like you want, that you will be a "little" DD.  think G! (or bigger maybe?)   the best strategy is to choose the implant cc size that makes you happy then find a bra that fits! don't get hung up on cup size...it is so variable from number size to number size!

without a physical exam, i can't say how much implant will "fit" in one surgery, but in most cases, where the skin and breast tissue/ skin are not rigid, i find that with proper release of the breast tissues, i have been able to put up to 600 or 700 cc implants in at the initial surgery without trouble. 

you have nicely shaped breasts with what appears to be adequate skin to accept additional volume.  your personal taste will be the best way to determine the size of the breast implants you should choose. There is no magic formula of ccs to cup size. choose a surgeon who can guide you to a size implant that fits your style AND fits your body.

best of luck to you!

dr h

Mary C. Herte, MD

Large can look wierd

+1

Think about what you are asking for. We can always put large implants in you -- may not need more than one step - basically the largest implants are about 700ccs. But what are you accomplishing, if you make a living from your body, that is one thing, but you will stretch out your breasts and get saggier faster. Talk to a board certified plastic surgeon before doing this. Also, there are no standard sizes, so no one knows what an "F" is.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

DD likely

+1

Dear Alicia,

It is likely that you could get to a double D cup size with one surgery using around a 600cc implant.  An F cup might take a few operations. Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Size F breasts

+1

You may want to discuss tissue expansion with your surgeon to accomplish your goals in two procedures.  You may want to consider the enhanced risks of  bottoming out, tissue thinning, and earlier revisional surgeries due to the large implants.  Understand that the weight of these implants will accelerate your breasts sagging, and going that big will change your posture due to lower spinal stress with back pain.

Randy Wong, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Big Breasts in a couple of stages.

+1

Doctors are wary of using extremely large implants in a single sitting for fear that the implant can cause increased complications. From your photos, it looks like you will do fine with a large implant, but "f" implant may require a second procedure to stretch out the skin.

It is also important to have a large amount of your own breast tissue to make it look like breasts and not like a water balloon.

Robert M. Freund, MD