36, 215lbs, Am I a Good Candidate for a Tummy Tuck?

I have one daughter and do not plan on having anymore children. My highest weight is 222lbs. I recently lost weight but gained it all back. I was 190lbs for a year. I haven't changed my eating habits, just worked out often. Right now i'm feeling like there is no hope. Am I a good candidate for a TT? I truly feel that once I have the surgery I will be able to focus more on my eating habits, once I get the results I want from the TT I can maintain it. Am I too hopeful?

Tummy Tuck Candidate?

+2

It is generally much better to give “patients” advice after direct examination and a full discussion of their goals.

Based on the information you have provided I would suggest consultation with  your internist ( to rule out any medical reasons you have not been able to lose weight),  a nutritionist and a personal trainer.

Once you have reached a long-term stable weight ( which does not have to be the “ideal” weight listed on BMI  charts)  you will likely be an excellent candidate for mommy makeover surgery. I agree with you that many patients use the tummy tuck procedure (for example) as a jumpstart to maintain a healthier lifestyle.

Consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be helpful.

Tummy Tuck Not Indicated for Weight Control

+1

Without photos and your height much less without an examination, it is hard to determine

your eligibility for a tummy tuck, but I would recommend that you lose some weight and wait

until it stabilizes before considering a tummy tuck.

If you have reached a plateau in your weight loss, then a tummy tuck would

be alright, but the results would not turn out as well. For the best results, consult a board-

certified plastic surgeon in-person.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Tummy tuck

+1

It ia hard to say whether or not you are a good candidate without an exam.  You gave a weight but not a height and I do not have any photos to compare.