360cc Changing to 420cc - Can I Still Wear my D Bra?

Had 360's the left breast is somewhat flat and pointing down, Doc is fixing the problem, thinking of changing to 420's, can I still wear my D cup bra? I Don't want my boobs to get there before me. 5. 4" 115 pounds. Thank you

D cup bra

+1
I think that you should focus on the shape you wan to be and it on an artificial measure. Every bra manufacturer as a different measure of cup size. 360 to 420 is not a big change. The more important issue is why the left breast is flat. If the breast was more ptotic than the other preoperatively then perhaps using different size implants in each breast or expanding them differentially could have been done or perhaps you would have been a candidate for a small lift. The important thing now is to dialogue effectively with your plastic surgeon prior to any revision.

Breast implant sizing/type

+1

It is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Bras and implants

+1

Bra size does not always correlate with the volume of the implants. On the other hand you are only going up 60 cc's which is not alot.  It depends uponhow tight the brea is now.

D cup

+1

Well, your implant size is going up 60cc (16%). If your current D cup is a snug fit, you may need to go up to a larger size. Why does this matter? If your breasts are the size/volume that you want, why is that cup letter so important?

James W. Ward, MD (retired)
Arlington Plastic Surgeon