Will A 360cc UHP increase me 2 or 3 cup sizes from a 32A cup? (Photo)

I have already booked my surgery but I keep reading that the UHP look "fake" which is not the look that I want. I was only given UHP as an option because my BWD is 10.5. I'm 5'7, 118lbs, 27" ribcage. I am hoping to achieve a C cup. I was told that 360cc or 400cc UHP will bring me to my goal. However, I see much larger results on girls with my narrow of a frame. Should I be worried???

BBA

+1
There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.
Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.
I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.
By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.
I hope this helps. Good luck!

Breast implant size

+1
Thank you for your question about breast augmentation.

you are tall, very thin and narrow chested but you want a C cup - ie full but normal sized breast.
You have little breast tissue to begin with.

The UHP profile is designed to allow narrow chested women to have higher volume implants.
The size you are chosing should put you into a C or D bra - but bras vary. A 275 cc implant can be a DD in one person, a 430 can be a full C in another. 

If you are concerned about the size, have a second consultation with your plastic surgeon to review your measurements, options and sizers. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Shape vs size

+1
Most patients require 150cc per cup size difference.  Profiles of implants allow more projection from the chest with less wide implants and is up to the plastic surgeon and patient to decide.  Ultra high profile implants tend to look rounder if there is not enough tissue to cover it.  Sizing systems can be done to determine the size and shape that works best for your body frame

Will A 360cc UHP increase me 2 or 3 cup sizes from a 32A cup?

+1
In my over the internet opinion I would recommend 400 cc UHP implants as the better option for you... 

UHP implant

+1
You can be quite certain of an unnatural appearance with an Ultra high profile implant on so slender a frame. If your goal is a more natural appearance, consider a moderate plus implant in the 234 cc range. Intermediate will be a high profile, and given your breast width you could go up to around 300 cc. 

All the best. 

+1
Great question, and yes, you should be worried. That is not a very often used implant because of the extremely fake look. The moderate plus, Sientra or Mentor product in the 320-370 range is probably all that is necessary for a great look.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Ultra high profile implants may look too narrow and projected on you

+1
I agree with your concerns about ultra high profile breast implants.  A moderate profile plus breast implant is shaped much more like the normal breast gland.  I would not be concerned about your base width and thin frame.  An implant in the 325-350 cc range would look good on you and bring you to the C cup that you desire.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Implant sizes

+1
I think the size you are looking at will be too big for your frame.  You can have a base width of 11cm with a moderate plus implant and be a C cup in the 325cc range. Good Luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Base on your photographs, you are starting at a great place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery. In regards to specific size/profile of breast implant, despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with  meaningful specific advice.  Ultimately, in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be necessary. Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.  Despite what you may hear or read about, there's no reliable way to predict exactly what cup size will result from the use of a specific size/profile of breast implant;  the “rules of thumb” simply do not work, given the  variability between different bra  manufacturers and their cup sizes.  Therefore, I ask my patients not to base the communication of their goals, or evaluate the outcome of breast augmentation surgery, based on achieving a specific cup size. 

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. Given your concerns, I would suggest that you spend additional time with your plastic surgeon;  ask the same question of him/her regarding the use of ultra-high-profile implants  and the greater projection that results from the use of these breast implants.

2.  Again, have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C cup" or "fake" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.