Are 360cc's the Highest Saline Breast Implant Available?

I was inquiring about Saline Breast Implants. Is 360cc's the highest you can have? I'm looking to have a revison because of one side of my implant is deflated.

I was thinking to stay with the same type of saline implant but want to see if they can go with more cc's than the 360cc's or choose another option. 8 years ago, I choose saline because it was done with no visible scar under my armpit.

Breast implants go over 360cc's

+2

No. Implants go to OVER double that volume.

However, it does not mean that even if these SUPERsized implants could physically be placed in your chest, that they would look attractive in the near and far future. Far from it.

The KEY to natural appearing breast augmentation are choosing an implant that can still be covered by the breast tissue you currently have (COVER) and light enough (WEIGHT) to resist gravitational sagging as long as possible. Without a cover, all the implant ripples will be seen and felt as ridges of the breast. The heavier the implant the faster your breasts will sag.

What most non-plastic surgeons do not know is that large implants truly ravage the breast by thinning it and pulling it down. These changes are NOT fixable.

I would strongly advise you to see more than one ASPS member surgeons (www.plasticsurgery.org) and ask them what is the largest implant that could fit my chest YET be covered? Listen carefully and compare your notes.

Unfortunately, if you keep asking for the "bigg'ns" someone will put them in you and in as short as a few months you will regret your decision.

I hope this was helpful.

Breast implant sizes

+1

The largest implants available are 800 mL saline which can be overfilled.

When thinking about breast augmentation revisionary surgery It will be very important to communicate your overall goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

If you decide to use implants ( for example to achieve more superior breast pole volume) 
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible .
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Implant choices

+1

There are alot of different shapes and sizes to choose from when it comes to implants.  They go all the way up to 800 cc's althought I wouldn't necessarily recommend those.

VIDEO (click here for link) upper limits of fill for breast implant

+1

360 cc may be the upper limits of fill for your implant but implants come in a wider variety of shapes and sizes and fill materials.

No, 360 cc's is not the largest size of saline implants

+1

Saline implants range from 120 - 900 cc's, so there are many options for patients. The decision to replace your implant with a larger size so not be made with out considering other factors. Switching to a larger implant can cause problems with firmness, wrinkling, sagging and stretch marks. You should discuss this with your surgeon before making a decision. Also, with most saline implants, there is a warranty that may not cover a size change or the cost of changing the non-ruptured side.

It is usually possible to exchange saline implants from the incision in the arm pit ( trans-axillary approach). This approach is more difficult when exchanging implants but it can be done safely using endoscopic techniques. For most patients with a ruptured implant, I recommend replacing the ruptured side with the same size. To see a notable difference in the result, your surgeon would need to increase the size by 2 implant sizes, which would put you in the 460 cc range. This may be too large for your frame and may result in other problems already mentioned. Size does matter, but bigger is not always better, and it may not offer any improvement in your cosmetic result.

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant sizing

+1

360 cc's is my average volume implant and the middle of the range of commercially available implants. The best way to think of them is like looking at the range of dress sizes or shoe sizes in a store except that you can't try them on in the same way. There is a limit of commercially available sizes but the correct one is the one that fits you and looks good on you, not the average or some idea of what a proper size implant should be.

Unfortunately, putting a breast implant on externally or in a bra is not helpful to determine the correct size that will fit internally. Fitting an implant means measuring the width of your breast and making sure the implant width matches it. The forward volume is determined by the choice of profile, the projection of the implant, ranging from low to medium to high.

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Saline Implant Sizes

+1

There are two main companies that supply implants to the plastic surgeons in the U.S.  One is Mentor and the other is Allergan.  There are a variety of sizes and profile available in the saline implant.  There are saline implants that can go from 120 cc up to 960 cc.

Hope that helps

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Available sizes for saline implants

+1

Saline implants come in a range of sizes, up to more than 700 cc's but the larger implants don't often feel as natural as silicone gel, and for most women it isn't a very natural apreance either regardless of implant type. One issue you may run into is the difficulty of replacing the implant through the same incision.

Richard Baxter, MD

Breast implants come in a variety of sizes

+1

When choosing breast implants, size should be based on the dimensions of your native breast as well as the stretch of the soft tissue envelope. Certainly, both saline and silicone implants can be found in sizes as large as 800cc. However, the goal should be to provide a balanced look with the implant and the rest of your body habitus. In addition, a large implant can cause permanent stretch to the local tissue, eventually leaving the breast looking droopy. Silicone implants tend to be lighter in weight than saline and exert less forces on the surrounding tissue. You should consult with the plastic surgeon who originally placed your implants. They are in the best position to help you determine the appropriate size and implant type.

Glen Brooks, MD
Springfield Plastic Surgeon

Saline implant sizes available

+1

Both manufacterers (Allergan and Mentor) available in the USA have saline implants available up to the 800-900cc range, But keep in mind that the larger the implant, the more skin thinning/stretching will occur and the more droopiness may occur due to the weight of the implant. You may therefore wish to be conservative and not go any more than 100-150cc's above your current implant size. You also may wish to switch to gel filled implants for a softer result, but these are more difficult to place throught the axillary (arm pit) approach.

Steven Yarinsky, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon