How Long After A Breast Lift Can I Go Bigger With Implants? (photo)

How long do I need to wait until I can get a bigger size if I had a lift?

I Had 360cc and Really Want to Be a D

Lift revision

+2

Your photographs show what appears to be lollipop shaped incisions.  You state that you have 360 cc implants.  The photographs also show upper pole fullness and your nipples appear to be pointing somewhat downward.  I would wait 6 months from the time of the intial operation before doing a revision.  Going larger may be more of a problem and make the nipples point downward even more.  The alternative to do is an areola lift through a peri-areola incision.  Through the incisions the implants can be placed retro-pectoral, the breast tissue can be elevated and suspended internally and the nipples elevated.  By moving the breasts higher on the chest wall you will get a larger appearance and look more attractive.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Waiting is good

+2

Well looks like you just can't wait :)  As with most things in medicine, there is no hard number of weeks of months.  After a breast lift, the skin takes several months to settle into place.  This must be complete prior to reoperation.  In general, it takes about 3-6 months for this to happen.  What I can say is that the longer you wait, the lower the complication rate and the better the final result.  So my advice is to discuss this with your surgeon but don't rush it--time is your friend!  Good luck!

Elan B. Singer, MD

Timing of Increasing Breast Size after Breast Lifting?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

Although not possible to give you good advice without direct examination,  based on the tight appearance of the skin  visible in your photograph, I would suggest that you wait at least 6 months before further surgery  to increase breast size.

Bigger implants after a lift

+1

Usually  a person should wait about 3-6 months after a breast lift procedure before considering a revision with larger implants.

When can I get bigger breast implants? (photo)

+1

Although I'm not certain about the dark areas along your vertical scar beneath the areolae, You appear to have a nice developing result.  My recommendation at this time is to focus upon measures for scar control, including breast support, likely prescribed by your surgeon.  

Regarding implant exchange, wait as long as possible.  The skin envelope will stretch and compliance will improve with each passing month.  Your result will change, and mature.  There is even a possibility that as you become more active after healing, you will find that your current size is absolutely perfect!

Steve Laverson, MD

Going bigger

+1
I would recommend that you wait at last six months and possibly longer, depending on how long it takes for you to heal, for the implants to settle into place before you make a decision. You may discover that you are satisfied with the current size or, if not, will have a better idea of how much larger you would like to be. It looks like you had surgery quite recently so I would give things a chance to heal and for you to adapt. You appear be be in the full C range now so you should also consider whether the increase to a D would be worthwhile. Best of luck.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Wait 6 months before going bigger

+1

I agree; there is no magic number for how long to wait.  From your photo, your surgery has been fairly recent and it appears that the implants need to "settle" quite a bit.  The longer you wait, the more satisfied you are likely to be.  Waiting will allow the skin and breaast to stretch and will give you a more realistic idea of how much bigger you really want to be.  Good luck.

Michael S. Hopkins, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon