Is 360 ccs enough to get me a full C? Will I gain size after i drop and fluff?

Hi, I am 5'5 and wiegh 135 lbs. I am 3 weeks post op with 370ccs of silicone unders. I started pre op as a 34 a and I was hoping to be closure to a full c but it looks like im a full b/ small c. I was measured at a 34 b when i got bra fitted and was so sad because I was really hoping for larger breast. Can I expect them to gain in size with dropping and fluffing? If so how much of and increase?

B or C-cup

+1
You are definitely a C-cup rather than a B-cup based on your appearance and the size of your implant.  Bra manufacturers vary greatly, so maybe try another company. Good luck.

3 weeks after breast augmentation is to early to evaluate breast size.

+1

Thank you for your question and photographs. From the photographs it appears you have a beautiful result.

Your breast shape and size will change over the next 4-6 weeks so it is too early to be concerned.

Be aware that different manufacturers label cup size differently. That is to say a C cup bra in one store may well be labeled a B cup bra and a different store.

Please focus on the improved appearance of your breasts and not on cup size.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Cup size

+1

Every bra is manufactured differently. Volume of implants does not always correlate to cup sizes.

Implants won't "grow" and neither will your breasts, but changes will occur over time.

+1

I'm sorry to say this is an all-too-common problem. At 3 weeks post-op, you have not completely healed, but your implants are guaranteed to stay the same size, and you aren't "growing" more tissue. Swelling will continue to "go down" and scar tissue will soften, stretch, and mature over 6-12 months.

But . . . your muscles and skin will also stretch, allowing your implants to drop further, and perhaps project a bit more. This is what many call "fluffing," though this is NOT a plastic surgical term, and describes what female "extras" do on the sets of porn movies to keep the male performers "ready." So let's call what happens after breast surgery softening, settling and dropping into place as the tissues heal, stretch, and relax as swelling decreases and scar tissue matures. Every woman does this at a different pace unique to her genetics, age, breast-feeding history, weight, etc.

Thus, you won't actually get larger, but you may gradually develop a potentially "larger" appearance--it just won't be much in most cases. What this means is that if you feel you are too small now, you will likely still feel this way in 6-12 months. Sorry. Talk to your surgeon about his/her revision policy and what the costs are for larger implants. You should wait at least 6 months before considering this (12 months is better). That being said, your photos do show a great result; they just aren't what you envisioned! Your goal does not sound unreasonable, and can likely be achieved, but there will be slight risk and additional cost.

For a woman of your height and weight, I believe it takes about 250cc to equal about one bra cup size. Many plastic surgeons will tell you a smaller amount equals one cup size, but 250cc has been arrived at with thousands of patients over 27 years of doing breast augmentation. Most patients cannot see anything smaller than about 60cc (4 tablespoons), which is why breast implants come in 30-50cc increments--this is below the threshhold of visibility. A can of soda pop is 360cc (12 ounces or 24 tablespoons) and would therefore be estimated to add about 1 1/2 cup sizes by my guidelines/estimates. 370cc would fall a bit short of your stated goal, IMHO, and I'm not saying that just because this already appears to be the case with you.

I'd probably recommend around 500cc cohesive smooth, round silicone gel implants, in whatever profile best fits your pocket diameter, likely moderate plus.

Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

+1

Typically to gain 2 cup sizes, you would need approximately 400cc (200cc for each cup size increase). 360cc should bring you close to 2 cup sizes, between a full B & to a small C cup, which is what you are measuring. You look like you have beautiful results. Always best to discuss your goals for size with your surgeon prior to surgery so you are on the same page before having the surgery.

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Implant size

+1
Do not worry - try on implants with your plastic surgeon - this will give you a good sense - best of luck.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon