Would 360 or 380cc Round HP Implants Improve my Breasts and Balance my Bottom Half? (photo)

I'm 5'2 110 lbs with BWD 12.3cm left and 13cm right. I got 300cc round smooth silicone mods 12cm wide sub pec 7 mnths ago. I need revision surgery to fix bottom of left capsule. Considering a size increase since I need surgery anyway. My PS suggested the new Mentor 'siltex?' silicone round HP 360cc or 380cc unders. Will this size/ profile suit me? look natural & bigger? Ideal is LeAnn's pic. I don't want a bigger gap between my breasts but want to feel more balanced and less pear shaped.

Revisional Breast surgery

+1

Hello, I have just a few additional thoughts. Your breasts naturally have slightly laterally placed nipples and you will always have some separation between your breasts , which is normal. To give you more middle fullness the implant would have to be placed more toward the middle of your breast , and this would mean that the implant would not be centered around the nipple which would look artificial

I would lean toward a smooth walled implant more toward the 400cc range. HP would be good and I don't think that it will appreciably increase the middle separation

Should I have larger breast implants?

+1

Thanks very much for your question.  A few points.  When I place implants under the muscle I like to go with smooth rather than textured implants (siltex).  Also, if you want less separation between your implants then you want to go with wider implants not implants that are more narrow.  Due to that you may want to consider the larger size but stay with a moderate profile plus not a high profile.  Hope this helps.

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation revision

+1

Dear Freida,

Let me start by stating that HP implants usually do NOT look natural in almost anyone.  They are also less likely to provide you with cleavage.  Upsizing to larger implants is always possible, but if you want "natural", HP is probably not the way to go.  Good luck! 

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

380 cc Implant Revision from 300 cc Implant

+1

80 cc may be enough to give you the difference you seek, but 25 to 50 cc is a very small difference so consider at least 80 cc to 100 cc.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Would 360 or 380cc Round HP Implants Improve my Breasts and Balance my Bottom Half?

+1

It may be that larger implants will make you feel that you are better balanced between your top and bottom halves. And since you are having revision surgery anyway, it is a good time to go up in size if that is your desire. On the other hand, do not make your breasts larger than you want simply in an attempt to balance a lower half that is larger than you wish. You might also consider liposuction of the outer thighs at the same procedure which might make your bottom half more in balance with the top!

Robert M. Grenley, MD

Implant revision

+1

It is difficult to say which implant will give you what you want to achieve without a proper exam in person.

Breast implant exchange with Sientra implants

+1

While it it difficult to give precise advice without a physical examination, you seem like a good candidate for bilateral breast implant exchange using Sientra silicone textured anatomical round-based implants. I find the use of these implants especially helpful in patients like hou which will need pocket repositioning and the texture of these implants will allow the implants to stay in the proper position postoperatively. Please discuss the option of using these implants with your plastic surgeon.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Best Breast Implant Size for Me (Revisionary Surgery)?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Online consultants will not be able to tell you whether a specific breast implant size/profile will achieve your goals. You will do much better communicating your goals with your plastic surgeon in person. Doing so in front of a full-length mirror, with the help of the goal pictures you have selected, will be very helpful.

Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I find that the use of intraoperative sizers along with careful measurements (dimensional planning)  allows for the most precise  “method” of selection of  the most appropriate breast implant size/profile.

Implant size?

+1

To keep your general breast shape which is nice, you may prefer moderate plus profile implants which should work at the sizes you consider. Try a "rice test " at home, filling stockings with 60 and 80 (or more) cc of raw rice, and using a sports bra see what volume gets you to a size you like. 

If you are unhappy with your hips, think about addressing them with liposuction rather than chancing begin top heavy and bottom heavy!

All the best.