If You Are Getting 350cc What is Different Between the C and D Cup if Volume is the Same?

I am 5'7", weigh 160. I float in my 36b these days since I have lost 20 lbs.. I tried on 350cc in a c and d cup what is the difference if they use the same volume and which would look more natural as I am a medium to large frame and have a 37" chest?

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Implant volume VS cup size

+1

If you are a 36 B each 200 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  350 cc implants would take you up approximately 2 cup sizes to a D. 

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.horndeski.com/gallery.aspx

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Bra Size is not important

+1

If you like how you look, don't worry about what size your bra is.  Bra sizing is very nebulous and inaccurate. Oprah has done shows about bra sizing and has shown that 50% of women in the US are wearing the wrong size bra.  Implants don't come in cup sizes.  Your bra strap size after augmentation is determined by the diameter of your chest wall directly under your breasts (this measurement won't change with breast augmentation).  This measurement plus 5 inches should be your bra strap size.  So if someone has a 30 inch chest-wall diameter, they would theoretically wear a 35 bra but no one makes odd-number bras.  So that person would likely wear a 34 bra sometimes and other times a 36 bra.

The cup size is determined by how much breast tissue you have plus the size of the implant.  The same letter cup size changes with a change in strap size.  For instance, a 34D cup will be similar in size to a 36C.  

Find a surgeon who has VECTRA 3D software which can help you visualize yourself with different size implants.  

Salinas Plastic Surgeon

Cup Size and Implants

+1

Thank you for your question.  Most women erroneously assume that the implant volume will determine the cup size.  In addition, every woman is different and while 2 individuals may both have 350cc implants, one may wear a C cup and the other a D cup.  When you have a consultation, your surgeon considers many factors based on measurements taken, amount of breast tissue, skin laxity, your lifestyle, and the result you wish to receive.  Best of luck to you!

Implant and Cup Size

+1

It is very difficult to predict what cup size you will be after your procedure.  Cup sizes are not standardized.  So a D cup in one designer could be a C cup or B cup in another designer.   This is the approach I use to help guide my patients with their implant size selection:

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Picking a breast implant size

+1

When selecting an implant it is most important that the base diameter of the implant matches the base diameter of your breast.   Pick an implant size to give you a desired breast shape.  Trying to pick a bra cup size is a ticket to disappointment.  

Cup Size and Implant Size

+1

Dear Finally13, Since the bra industry has not standardized its cups sizes, it is highly possible that the same size implants may increase your size to a C or a D or even a DD.  This is why in our practice we encourage patients to ignore the A, B, C's of cup sizes and focus on the look and appearance of the breasts.  We use a number of different imaging and sizing systems and send as much time as needed to help the patient find the right size to give them the shape, the balance, and proportion they desire from their breast augmentation.  Think of it this way, if the bra industry refuses to care enough about you by making their cups sizes uniform and your bra shopping an easier experience (and life easier for your plastic surgeon), why do you care what letter they assign to your size?  Pick the size and look you like and work with your plastic surgeon to achieve this goal. Hope this helps.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Using cup size to determine the size of a breast implant for augmentation is inaccurate.

+1

Cup size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer in many ways is subjective. A better way is to show the plastic surgeon size of breast that you wish using photographs or some of the new imaging equipment.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,13-atlanta-breast-augmentation.htm

Cup size difference with same volume implants

+1

The cup size does not directly correlate with the implant volume.  In other words, each bra manufacturer may different.  Like your shoes or dresses you may wear different sizes, depending on the style, cut, etc.  A loose rule of thumb is that 200 ml equals a cup size in volume, but this does not mean it will raise your bra a cup size.

Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Cup size is not the way to measure breast implants

+1

Once you decide to undergo breast augmentation, in my opinion the concept should be to find the implant size that produces the size of breasts that you want - by that I mean how the breasts look on your body, not the cup size.  Then after your surgery when your breasts have healed, get a formal sizing done, and whatever cup size you fit at that point is the cup size that you wear.  What does it matter as long as your breasts look good on your body; you just need the appropriate size of bra to fit them, not the other way around.  You do this by going to a surgeon that has the ability to perform a proper preoperative sizing exercise on you to determine the optimal size of breast implants to meet your goals.  There is also much variability in how different manufacturers cut and assemble their bras, and therefore, you may wear a C cup in one brand of bra and a D cup in another.  Furthermore, cup size is really a measure of proportion, thus it is a relative measurement between the breasts and the chest, and although the fit may not be perfect, this explains why a lady might fit into a 34 B as well as a 36 A.  For these reasons the best place to start is by "picking" the breasts that you want, and then once you have those, you go out and find the clothing that fits them - bras, bathing suits, etc.   Not the other way around.  Good luck.