Are 350cc to small for me I am 12cm and does the amount of cc differ if I use saline or silicone?

My doctor told me that I am 12cm and 350cc is the biggest I can go, otherwise my breast will look like they are leaning to my sides. We are currently looking at Saline/Silicone, High profile, Submuscular (under the muscle), Inframammary. Will it make a difference on the amount of cc's ill be getting if I get saline or silicone. I am 5'6, currently weigh 153, 34B. I feel like that is too small. I do not want to be small but at the same time I do not want to extremely big but yet big.

Recommend small round textured silicone gel

+2

At size 34 B each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. 350 cc implants would take you up 3 ½ cup sizes to a DD or DDD. If you are small, those implants may not fit retro-pectoral, would extrude inferiorly and laterally requiring revision. I always recommend small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. The implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it and determines the projection.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.horndeski.com/gallery.aspx

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant size

+2

You need to consider he relative pros and cons of Silicone v's saline. The size difference is not noticeable, however, the feel of the two are different.  The maximum size is determined by your body measurements so would discuss this with your surgeon.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

BBA

+1
You need a thorough sizing session.  Put the implants on under a bra and see what size you like the most.  Your surgeon can then help you narrow down choices based on your goals and anatomy.

Web reference: http://www.drpirani.com/breast-enhancement-toronto/breast-augmentation/

Breast size

+1

I might agree or disagree with your own Doctor´s opinion if I got to see your picture first. It´s very difficult to say with out any pictures to evaluate or a physcal examination.

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Implant sizing

+1

It is impossible to determine simply from your question what size you should select.  High profile implants produce a different look than the moderate profiles and this is definitely something you should consider in detail.  Silicone will produce a slightly smaller look than saline but not a significant difference.  I agree with your doctor that it is wiser not to go too large as bulging under the arms is not aesthetically pleasing. Happy Holidays!

Selecting your Breast Implant size

+1

Choosing a breast implant size is a complex thing and is based on a balance between what you want and what you body can hold.  It depends on your shape, current size, skin quality, and breast/chest measurements. You should work closely with your surgeon to determine this as they are the best guide for you. Regarding the difference in cc's between saline and silicone, I find that silicone tends to look a little smaller than the same cc implant in saline. This is because the silicone is softer and tends to flatten a little bit more. 

Web reference: http://www.drschulmanplasticsurgery.com/breast-augmentation-photo-gallery/