Raised Bump Along Axillary Incision

I Had 350cc Silicone Breast Implants Placed Through an axillary incision 2 weeks ago. There is a raised bump right below & running the length of the right incision.  Is this scar tissue? Will it go away? Should I be trying to massage it to smooth it out or leave it alone?

Transaxillary incision for implants

+1

At 2 weeks the "bump" you are describing may be one of the sutures that are under the skin. However, without a photo or an exam I can not be sure.

Scars after 2 weeks

+1

It is not unusual to have lumpy scars two weeks after surgery.  If it is just scar tissue, it will settle.  If not, it can be treated easily.  However if this is a potential infection, you should not wait to be seen.  Contact your surgeon so that he/she can examine you and treat it if necessary.  Anything can be treated easily if caught early.  If left untreated, even the simplest little thing can spiral out of control.  It is always better to be safe than sorry.

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Physical Examination for Lump

+1

This possibly could be scar tissue but it is hard to determine without a physical exam.  Follow up with your plastic surgeon is highly recommended to determine the nature of the nodule.

Dr. ES

Raised axillary (armpit) scar after breast augmentation

+1

Without knowing the details, you should discuss this with your surgeon, It could be normal gathering and eversion of the tissues, or it could be a suture reaction or some other process.

Wound and scar issues after breast augmentation surgery

+1

Without a photo its tough to say what's going on- but common things are common- this is likely the inverted edges of a properly closed incision that you are feeling along the length of your new scar. This will flatten out with time. If you have concerns, follow up with your plastic surgeon!

Web reference: http://www.seattleface.com/html/breast_reduction.php