Can I Go from 350cc Gel High Profile to 275cc Gel High Profile at 4 Months Post Op?

I am 4"11" and now weight 110 lbs. I had a breast augmentation Dec 29th 2010. 350cc gel high profile was placed in my breast. I was a 32A now I am a 32D. I feel that my breast are to heavy and big. I wanted to stay around the B/C cups. I want to exchange them out for 275cc gel high profile. Could this be obtained with no problems and with out a breastlift. I didnt need a breast lift before I started. Also can I have this done on local or local anesthesia?brea

The best way to avoid having to downsize your breast implants is to make sure you are comfortable with the size the first time.

+3

The best way to avoid having to downsize your breast implants is to make sure you are comfortable with the size the first time.  I make sure all of my patients choose their own implant size within a range of recommended sizes that I select for them based on measurements and exam.  Unfortunately it doesn't appear that you had that same opportunity.

You should still be able to downsize without a lift, but imagining the results is the hard part.  Is downsizing by 75 ml enough for you?

Also, don't think about your breasts in terms of cup size.  You know what you want your breasts to look like -- who cares what cup size some company calls it.  There is no industry standard for cup sizes, therefore you will likely fit into several different bras of different cup sizes.

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant revision

+3
Goi g down 75cc's could lead to some excess skin depending on the anatomy of your breast. Also keepin the high profile may cause the new implant to be too narrow. You may have to go to a moderate plus profile wi the decrease volume. You should discuss this with your plastic surgeon

David L. Abramson, MD

Changing breast implant size

+3

It is difficult to answer  your question without seeing photos and knowing your chest wall dimensions.  If your present implants are the correct width,  then staying with high profile and decreasing the volume from 350cc to 275cc (assuming Mentor high profile) would decrease the width of each breast by almost 1cm, and may increase the space between your breasts.  In that case, you may be better off with 275cc moderate plus implants, which have less projection but are the same width as your present high profile implants.  If your current implants are too wide, then using smaller high profile implants may be a good option for you.  Which would be better for you, as well as the type of anesthesia, are questions you should discuss with your plastic surgeon.

Good luck.

Craig S. Rock, MD

Revisionary breast surgery

+2

If revisionary surgery is decided upon, it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Changing implant size.

+2

Changing implants at 4 months is reasonable. The breast tissue contracts down around the new implant size. As for how far to decrease in size, that's a bit more challenging. A thorough exam will indicate whether a high profile or moderate plus is a better fit for you in addition to a smaller volume device. Patients who don't need a lift before augmentation do not need a lift with a downsize if the exchange occurs relatively soon after the original operation.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant revision

+2

Santos, yes it is okay to change out your implants after 4 months. I totally agree with going down a size since you are not happy with your current size. It is very unlikely that you need a breast lift. You may want to consider using a moderate plus implant. The best way to know your correct size is discussing it with your board certified Plastic Surgeon. Good luck

Stanley Okoro, MD

Breast revision to reduce implant size

+2

You can safely go down to a 275cc breast implant after four months and should not need to worry about a breast lift. Often the implants can be replaced with local depending on the location of the breast incision. You should consider a moderate profile in the 275cc implant so that the smaller implant blends with the breast well and does not appear too narrow or artificial.

peterejohnsonmd

+2

Yes to all you questions. But going down from 350 to 275 is that enough?? That is my concern. seek additional in person opinions.