350cc Too Big For My Frame?

Hello, I'm going to be getting a breast augmentation in the next couple months, I'm 23 a mother of one breasted child I'm 5'1 ,115 pounds, 34 A currently, I'm very athletic and have pretty broad shoulders. I am looking to be a small c or big b it was recomended to me by a very renowned surgeon to get 350cc silicone unders, I'm really scared this is way to big although I really trust the surgeons opinion, does this sound right?

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift to reduce implant volume

+1

At size 34 each 100 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  If you desire a C, 200 cc implants would be required.  I recommend silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, particularly a size A breast.  Unfortunately, you have not provided any photographs but you state that you have had one pregnancy.  If you have drooping you may benefit from a simultaneous lift using a circumareola approach.  The advantage of this technique is that is lifts your breast higher over the bony prominence of the chest wall, which allows the use of smaller implants to achieve the anterior projection you desire.  You may be a candidate for a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

The right size for you

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:
1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.
Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Breast Implant Sizing

+1

The most important factor with sizing is selecting implants which are no larger than your breast width (which you did not provide).  Having said that, most women can accept 350cc implants.

John Whitt, MD

Determining implant size

+1

Hello. Without a consultation or at least pictures it is hard to give much information on the size implant that would be best for you. The most important factors when determining implant size would be the width of each breast, the elasticity of your skin and the width of your thorax. I assume that your surgeon took these measurements during your consultation so 350 implants should be safe. If you are worried about appearance however it would be a good idea to bring in picture to show your surgeon so he could better understand your goals.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

When it comes to selection of the “best” breast implant size/profile to meet patient's goals, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “small C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Breast Implant sizing

+1

It is important to match the implant to the base width of your breast plus taking into account how much breast tissue and stretch you have.  Your surgeon will take this into account plus your wishes to determine proper sizing.. It is important not to focus on a specific number of cc's but what volume will achieve the desired result.

Charles R. Nathan, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

350 cc too big?

+1

I think that once you have had the exam, discussed your goals, and an implant was chosen, now it is time to check it out to be comfortable with the volume. Do a baggy test to give a rough idea. 

What size is too big?

+1

When it comes to breast implants, your body and how a sizer looks on you is the best guideline.  What might look fine a one women of your size and weight might look too big or too small on another patient.

Typically it is good to look in a full lenght mirror and compare the sizer (in a bra) on your body (under a stretchy shirt like a t-shirt) to the curve of your butt from  the side view and then see how your bust curves are proportioned to your hips from the front.  (Thats why it is so hard to judge photos of augmented women on the internet where all you see is the chest and in the nude.) 

Don't get too hung up on the letter of a cup--its not a volume.  The cup letter is a ratio of the diameter of a breast, to how far it sticks out off your chest.  (Example an 32 D cup has 500 gms of breast tissue but a 42 B cup has 1,700 gms of breast tissue!)

That being said, a 350 cc implant is about the average size of women in my practice for augmentation with A cup breasts.

Deborah Ekstrom, MD
Worcester Plastic Surgeon

350cc implants?

+1

As you are an A cup now, 350cc seems like an appropriate size for your size.  I wouldn't worry too much about being too large.  Please trust your surgeon's opinion and best of luck with your surgery.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon