Is 350 Cc or 400 Cc Good for Me?

I'm 25 years-old, 98 pounds, and 5 feet tall. I have very small breasts and currently wear 32AA. I plant to get silicone implant but I'm not sure how many cc I should get. I wonder between 350 or 400 cc silicone implant. Can you please tell me how many cc is good for my body. Thank you

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

How to choose the best breast implant

+1

How to choose the best breast implant for breast augmentation is an excellent question.  

The choice of the best breast implant for breast augmentation for you is based on your unique situation.  It requires a careful physical exam, measurements of your chest, discussion of what shape, size and appearance you desire, and then a determination of which implant best meets your preferences.

Because implants are made with different base diameters, projection and shapes, rather than talk about breast implants cc's or cup sizes, I find it more useful to have a patient bring in photos of the shape and size of breast that they want.  

This provides a good way for us to discuss what you like by looking at these pictures together.  I then have the patient try on different breast implant sizers in the office so that they can get a more direct way to see how various breast implant sizes might look.

Then we will have a thorough discussion of your options. 

Fredrick A. Valauri, MD

Choosing the best implant for you

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning

2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

How to choose the right size implant

+1

the correct size depends on your height, weight, chest anatomy and width, and breast width. The smaller implantt if correctly sized will be the more natural looking. I usually give implants that are only 25 cc. volume difference as the options.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Best Breast Implant Size/Profile for Me?

+1

Unfortunately,  there is no way for online consultants to give you good advice  in regards to specific breast implant size/profile to best achieve your goals.

The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

How to chose the right size breast implant

+1

Picking the right implant size can be a challenge.  By trying on actual implants or sizers in your doctors office, you can usually get a pretty good idea of what will work.   I recommend that you decide what size is too small, what is too big and see where that puts you.  Considering your height, your weight and  your small breast size, I would say that you are in the right neighborhood in terms of implant size.  The 400's will make you curvier, the 350's maybe a bit more natural. As your surgeon has no doubt discussed with you, the dimensions of your chest and the style or shape of the implant are import considerations also.  Remember also, 50 cc's is equal to approximately 3 tablespoons, so the difference is not great.  

Good  luck with your decision!   Dr. Hargrave

Douglas Hargrave, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Best implant size

+1

Thank you for your question. THe choice of implant size is something that adds alot of anxiety to the augmentation for many women. There are a variety of different sizing systems and computer software to help with this, but these are only slightly helpful.

I think that implants should be chosen taking a more 3 dimensional approach. The width of the implant should match the width of your chest and the base of your breast. That will give a natural appearance and nice cleavage. Once the width is determined, the projection of the implant can be selected based on how full you wish to be. The more moderate profile implants look more natural while the higher profile implants look more "implanted". The volume will be determined based on these 2 factors.

I would suggest talking to your plastic surgeon. Your frame and skin will help the selection of the implants. Remember not to worry too much about a small difference in implant size. It is difficult to see slight differences afterwards.

Best of luck with your breasts. I am sure that you will love the results.

Jeff Rockmore

Jeffrey Rockmore, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Both are big. Which is best?

+1

If you tried on sizes with your surgeon and arrived at 350-400cc, you probably wanted to be a big as possible. If you want to look more natural, go with the smaller size. If you want to be as large as possible without regard for looking natural, go with the larger size. since you have such a petite frame, smaller will look more appropriate, while larger will look more out of proportion. If you are unsure, talk further with your surgeon until you are comfortable with your choice.

Armin Moshyedi, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Implant Sizing

+1

With regard to implant choices to enlarge your breasts, there are a number of things to consider. Your chest circumference and breast width are very important factors when choosing an implant.

The best thing to do is to try on some sizers in a non-padded bra at your plastic surgeon's office to figure out what you think looks good. Don't get hung up on cup size or even implant size. After you've made your decision, ask your surgeon if he or she thinks the implant you've picked would safely fit within your body's measurements. In general, an implant should be selected with a diameter that fits within your breast width. This will help to avoid certain complications.
It's hard to tell you what sized implant would be "good" for your body without a proper exam. However, a comprehensive evaluation and examination by your local Plastic Surgeon can determine if you are a candidate for augmentation and help you decide on the best options for implant sizes.

Thank you for your question. Best of Luck!

Gregory Park, MD

Is 350 Cc or 400 Cc Good for Me?

+1

Without an in person exam or without photos, I cannot tell you whether or not this is a good size. When you seek a consultation, there are some physical factors that may limit the size options, but a discussion with a surgeon of your goals is most important. Then trying on implants (my preference), using photos or imaging, you and the surgeon can select the appropriate size implant.

It is often quoted that for every 200-225 cc of implant, one cup size of increase will be achieved. That is a very rough estimate. Cup sizes are not officially defined anywhere. The cups on a 32 band are smaller than on a 34 of 36 and so on, so 400 cc may give more than two cups of size increase. Without photos, I would be cautious about so large an implant on someone of your size. 

When you ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.

Thank your for your question, best wishes.