What Can I Expect From 350/375cc HP Silicone Implants? (photo)

I am 105lbs, 5'2", have a 28in rib cage and a BWD of 11. I am looking at Mentor HP Silicone Implants 350/375cc's. Do you think that the 375cc implants would look ok on my frame, and do you think that placing an implant that has a base of 12 on me when I have a BWD of 11 is an issue? (Hopefully not ;) ) TIA

Breast Augment Expectations

+2

The results and satisfaction after breast augmentation will depend on a number of factors and especially the patient's expectations. I always recommend that the patient tries on sample implants in a bra and see what look she wants. Once we see the size implants we can discuss the positives and negatives associated with that size implant in that size patient. For example, the size may be much larger than the base width so we discuss what that will mean. We also consider the various profiles.

This technique works well in my practice. There are virtually no patients who make a size change.

Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Implant wider than the the breast base width

+2

Trying an implant on may give you a reasonable idea of the ultimate size you can expect as result of breast augmentation with that size  implant. However it won't let me know if that size implant as appropriate for your breast tissue.  Measuring the base width and keeping the implant within that size is one of several general principal surgeon's follow to achieve a natural result.

If you are set on using an implant at that volume, you might ask your surgeon to consider using a "full profile" breast implant. Allergan makes a 360 cc implant that would be appropriate for an 11 cm wide breast. Good luck and best wishes.

What to Expect with 350/375 HP Silicone Implants?

+2

Thank you for the question that picture.

Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing exactly “what to expect” from the breast implant size/profile you are considering. Most of the time,  despite years of experience,  I do not know what breast implant size/profile will best meet the patient's goals until I'm in the  operating room,  have placed sizers,  and have the patient  sitting upright.

Furthermore, if you ask 5 plastic surgeons for their opinions, you will receive at least 7 opinions. Different plastic surgeons will give you different opinions based on their training, experience, and personal preferences. This range of opinions you will receive online will potentially be confusing.

I would suggest that you do your due diligence carefully and choose your plastic surgeon wisely.  then allow him/her ( after you have communicated goals clearly with him/her)  to choose the breast implants that will best meet your objectives. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
 I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.

Predicting cup size from implant volume

+1

With a circumference of 28 inches, each 100 cc implant will be 1 cup size change.  375 cc implant would be almost 4 cup increase in size.  After reviewing your photographs, you are approximately an A or B.  Assuming you are an A, you would go to about a DD.  This may be larger than you desire.  This also assumes that your body can accommodate a 375 cc implant in retro-pectoral position, if that is your choice.  I do not recommend patients have a preconceived implant size that has to be exactly filled to meet your requirements.  It is better to convey your goals to your surgeon and allow him to choose the size to achieve your desired goals.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Implant choices

+1

An exam in person will help determine what shape and size implants might work well for you.  Go for an exam with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Expect good results

+1

You can expect good results with the proposed sizes especially the 375cc as you do need to have your breast envelope filled. To alleviate problems of base width you can suggest style 45 full profile implants to your board certified surgeon as you seem to be a great candidate for such an implant. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

What Can I Expect From 350/375cc HP Silicone Implants?

+1

Based upon the one posted photo I would increase the size to 450 cc HP but remember I have not seen you in person. This is my guess.