I Am 35 Yrs Old and Have Unusual Wrinkling on Face, What Can I Do?

over the past yr I have wrinkling all over my face.I have a line that runs from underneath my eye down my face Along with horizontal lines on both sides of forehead.These are not typical at my age. The ones on cheek are not caused from laughing they seem to be caused from sleeping.I have been sleeping on by back for past six months but lines on cheek seem to be getting worse!I think even if my cheek lightly touches pillow my face creases.Tried Vitamin C and A for over 1 yr.Help!

Fraxel And Premature Wrinkling on Face

+1

Premature signs of aging are due to the deterioration of collagen and elastin fibers in the dermal layer of the skin. Topical products are not able to reach this level. 

These protein fibers keep the skin firm and elastic. However, as we age, it becomes more difficult for our bodies to produce new forms of collagen and elastin. 

When the skin is injured, it will try to heal itself by synthesizing new collagen fibers. Fraxel lasers use this principle to help the skin regain a greater degree of firmness. Although laser is light, it turns into heat energy when it is in the skin. This deliberate heating promotes the development of healthy new collagen.

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

What to do about wrinkles

+1

Dear Wrinkley, Sorry to hear about this sudden event. It is certainly unusual to develop wrinkles so fast but a few factors can contribute to this. Have you lost a large amount of weight over this time period? Have you had any severe swelling that has receded? A photo would be very helpful as we could give you better advice if we could get a better idea of the extent of the problem.

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist