I'm 35 Years Old and Have Horrible Saddlebags and Cellulite on my Upper Legs/ Butt Will Smartlipo Help?

I am in good health, but been heavy since 3rd grade. The cellulite & saddlebags appeared at a VERY young age. I'm considering smart lipo to help smooth my body out. I'm mostly bothered by how far the flanks stick out. I'd prefer a smoother silhouette in leggings and skirts. I never had kids and I don't intend on it. I wear a US size 8 in the waist but generally need a 12 in the hips and I'm 5'5''. I was always terrified about a thigh lift, but smart lipo seems less traumatic. Am I a decent candidate?

Re: I'm 35 Years Old and Have Horrible Saddlebags and Cellulite on my Upper Legs/ Butt Will Smartlipo Help?

+1

Thank you for your question.  It appears you may have several issues that need to be addressed.  The first issue you mentioned was that your flanks stick out and you would like a smoother silhouette in leggings and skirts.  Smartlipo is usually a great option for this type of improvement.  However, if you have issues of excess or loose skin, the Smartlipo procedure will not typically improve this appearance.  You mentioned you were terrified by a thigh lift which makes me think you may have had a previous consult where this procedure was recommended.  If that is the case, Smartlipo would not be an alternative to this procedure.  I would need to see you in consultation for an examination to make the best recommendation.  As for your concerns regarding the cellulite issue, the best treatment for longer lasting results appears to be from laser cellulite reduction using Cellulaze.  This procedure does not completely remove all cellulite but my patients have seen dramatic improvements in the appearance with the reduction of their cellulite.  I perform each of the procedures that I have mentioned and could inform you of your best options after consultation. 

I hope this helps!

William J. Vinyard, M.D.

Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Smartlipo gets rid of stubborn fat deposits

+1

Smartlipo will remove the unwanted fat deposits, but Cellulaze will make the skin smoother. You may need both procedures but consult with your surgeon first.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

+1

You would need to have an exam, but I will say that liposuction can usually improve the silhouette in the absence of skin issues.  There are many treatments for cellulite that are not extremely effective.  Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Saddlebags

+1

You may be a candidate for liposuction based on your description but it is hard to tell without pictures. Liposuction usually does not help stretch marks or cellulite so don't count on these to go away. A thigh lift will only be indicated if you have loose skin. Don't go to a surgeon and ask for a specific type of liposuction. Let the surgeon decide which type is best for you.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Procedures for Fat Removal and Cellulite

+1

Hi Jessica, Liposuction and Smart Lipo are excellent procedures for getting rid of unwanted pockets of body fat such as saddlebags. With Liposuction, an experienced surgeon can achieve excellent body contouring, giving you a more aesthetically pleasing shape, which will help you to fit better into your clothes. Liposuction, often times, does not improve cellulite and, in some cases, can make the appearance of cellulite worse. I suggest you have an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon, who has technology for improving cellulite, such as Cellulaze (which is made by the same company as Smart Lipo). It is possible that you could benefit from a combination of procedures.

Theodore Diktaban, MD, FACS

Saddle bags and liposuction

+1

Without an exam it is difficult to say what would be best for you.  Cellulite will not improve with liposuction.

Sartlipo will help saddle bags

+1
Smartlipo will absolutely help smooth your saddle bags and give you a better contour. It may or may not improve your cellulite.

Lawrence A. Osman, MD
Woodland Hills Dermatologic Surgeon