34D Breasts Have Lost Volume - Could I Get Breast Implants and Avoid a Breast Lift?

I'm trying to avoid getting a breast lift that will leave a nasty scar. I also want to get an areola reduction since they have gotten bigger & stretched after 3 pregnancies. If I got saline implants & went from my 34D's to 34DD or 34E, will they look better since all I'm looking for is more volume? Will they lift on their own any? If I got an areola reduction, could the nipples just be placed a little bit higher? I want them to look/feel as natural as possible.

+2

Regarding: "34D Breasts Have Lost Volume - Could I Get Breast Implants and Avoid a Breast Lift?
I'm trying to avoid getting a breast lift that will leave a nasty scar. I also want to get an areola reduction since they have gotten bigger & stretched after 3 pregnancies. If I got saline implants & went from my 34D's to 34DD or 34E, will they look better since all I'm looking for is more volume? Will they lift on their own any? If I got an areola reduction, could the nipples just be placed a little bit higher? I want them to look/feel as natural as possible
."

Your questions demonstrate several very common misconceptions among many women.

1. That a placing ever larger breast implants can avoid a breast lift. That is false. IF your goal is to "look/feel as natural as possible" the last thing you want to do is get on this roller coaster. Perky breasts display a certain balance in the ration of Breast Fill to Breast skin surface. IF this ration is decreased by
- a large decrease in breast volume
- a large increase in breast skin
- BOTH of the above the breast will sag.

As a result, as breast sag, the temptation is to put in ever larger implants. That is a very short term solution. The implants ALWAYS stretch out the skin, producing more skin, and the now heavier breasts sag FASTER.Think about your own experience. WHY aren't you perky for life with your large saline implants?

2. "Will they lift on their own any?" - When have you EVER seen sagging faces, necks, breasts, buttocks, suddenly lift by themselves? The aging process and gravity ALWAYS wins. As a result, it is always best to avoid adding weight (such as implants) to the breasts since they WILL help them sag faster.

A FLAT chest would benefit from Breast Implants. Putting Breast Implants in sagging breasts is similar to throwing a drowning man an anvil to help him float. Makes no sense. Sagging Breasts would benefit from a Breast Lift.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Do I need a breast lift

+2

In my opinion you need a vertical lift with an augmentation.  A larger implant will probably make your breast droop more.  You seem committed to the idea of having your areola reduced and this wuold involve part of any scar you would need with a lift.  Scars can be manged and often or more favorable than you imagine over time.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Breast lift is needed

+1

Based upon the few photos you posted, it looks like you need a lift to get the desired look that you want with implants.

Breast lift is necessary.

+1

Based on the location of your nipples, you will need a breast lift.  Implants will fill them in, however, they will not move the nipple higher.