Will Breast Lift Also Reduce Breast Size a Little?

i am 19 years old 5'1 & 130 lbs. and i am very unhappy with my breasts.I HATE the way they droop & sag. nipples both point down & also areolas are too big. i am wanting a breast lift or reduction, but not sure if i want implants as well because i know since i am so young they will surely sag again. i like being a 34D but would go down to a full C. i know i need to talk with someone in person but i dont have the money yet. i need to know what i should be saving up for. any help?

Breast lift can reduce the breast size or keep the same volume

+4

A breast lift surgery will reshape the breasts, make the nipple-areolar complexes smaller and repositions them to a more appropriate and youthful position. If you are a 34D and would like to be a 34C, then some breast tissue will be removed. If you want to be one cup size smaller, I don't understand why you would consider implants. It doesn't make sense to remove breast tissue and add the volume back in the form of a foreign body. Looking at your photo, I would do a short scar or lollipop scar breast lift. This would give you better shaped breasts with a shorter longitudinal axis, smaller areolae in a higher position and more forward breast projection and increased fullness superiorly. The average surgical fee is about $4,500 plus anesthesia and facility fee. You are young and I would wait until you have children before proceding with a breast lift surgery. You can see examples of short scar breast lifts on my web site.

Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+3

A breast lift can not only improve the appearance of the breasts but also decrease the volume as desired.

Breast Reduction Candidate?

+2

Thank you for the question and picture.

I think you are a good candidate for a breast reduction/ lift.

At your young age should consider  carefully the pros and cons of the procedure as well as the potential need for further surgery if the breasts “regrow” in size.

If at all possible, it is best to wait until after completing pregnancies before undergoing breast reduction surgery. Again, doing so will minimize the chances that patients will require further surgery after pregnancy related breast changes. Patients who seek breast augmentation after pregnancy should wait at least 3 to 6 months after they have stopped breast-feeding  him when they have reached their long stable weight.  

PHOTO: Saggging and larger breasted 19 year old: breast reduction and lift

+2

You seem to have a very good understanding of your condiiton and prognosis. I would advise a breast reduction and lift. This could interfere with your future ability to nurse and you may need to have this revised in the future.I would use a circumvertical (lollipop) or vertical & short horizontal (anchor) type approach 

Breast lift or reduction

+2

It sounds as if you might require a small reduction (and possibly a lift at this time). You are correct you might require additional surgery in the future. In my experience, smaller breasts sag less so you might want to consider that, as well. Once you are able to meet with a surgeon you will likely get better and more definitive answers regarding what is best for you as the surgeon will have the benefit of examining you and you anatomy in person, discussing you goals with you and making recommendations nbased on that.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Lift or reduction?

+1

Thanks for your question. You would be a great candidate for either a reduction or a lift. If you like your general size then a lift would be the procedure of choice and you would loose very little volume. The best way to evaluate ptosis (sag) is by physical exam but a picture can give a preliminary idea. The best picture is a side profile. In general breast lifts are done to not only raise the nipple but also to make the areolar/nipple complex smaller and raise the breast tissue to a more natural youthful position. Of course, the key to a great breast lift is patient selection and technique selection. Areolar lifts are generally good for women with good skin quality, breast tissue reasonably placed and a nipple/areola that are sagging no more than 2 cm. Once the breasts sag past that point, it is necessary to perform a lollipop lift which not only repositions the sagging breast tissues but also the nipple and areola. The final and most aggressive lift is an anchor lift which places both a vertical and horizontal incision. Again the determinant is the degree of sagging, skin quality and amount of breast tissue. Last, if there is a deficiency in breast tissue, an augmentation can be done either together with the lift or as separate procedures. Make sure you visit with a board certified plastic surgeon get get specifics on your situation.

Raj S. Ambay, MD