I'm a 34C and want to be a 38D. I am 5'2 and 135lbs. What size implants should I get?

m a 34c and want to be a 38D I am 5'2 135lbs any suggestions on implant size I should receive. if this helps my measurments 34c 24 38.

Try on the breast implants

+2

I usually have my patients try on breast implants. that gives them the most realistic way of seeing what they woudl look like afterwards. Then they can tell what looks the best on them.

What Size Implants Should I Get?

+1

What size implant should I get? That is the number one question asked by patients. Fortunately it can be easily answered after initial examination. There are special sizers made that can be tried inside a sizing bra that can show what the result may look like in 3 to 6 months after surgery. It takes time for the breast implants to drop in place and look natural. If you just use standard implants in a sizing bra, the breast will appear larger and rounder than the final result. The answer is to use these specially made sizers that when placed in a sizing bra will show what the result will be like after healing is complete. That is only part of the answer next the profile of th implant needs to be deiced on. The profile will depend on many factors such as weight , chest width and final look you are expecting.

Shahriar Mabourakh, MD, FACS
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Size

+1

This is such a common question.  I ask my patients to bring in photos of your "goals" and once I examine you, you and I can discuss what size implant will achieve your goals.  In the operating room, I use temporary sizers to adjust the size until I reach your goals.

Clear communication with your surgeon is very important. I feel that communicating with photos is a better way than saying "c-cup" or "one size larger" because the patient and the surgeon may have different interpretations to that information.

Best Wishes!

Implant Sizing for Breast Augmentation

+1

This is a very commonly asked question for patients and in general the implant size really is dependent upon several factors including the patient's chest wall base diameter, amount of breast tissue, whether the patient has breast ptosis, and the degree of skin elasticity. These are all important in determining the new breast size and shape. These all must be taken into consideration when doing a breast augmentation. It is highly recommended that you see a plastic surgeon that understands these parameters in breast augmentation.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

34C to 38D?

+1

Your question shows a common misunderstanding in bra sizing:  the first number (34 or 38) represents your rib cage measurement.  This would stay the same after breast augmentation surgery, unless you gain or lose a bunch of weight.  So, if you are a 34 band - that will stay the same.

The cup size is what will change.  If you want to up one cup size (34C to 34D), that would be a fairly conservative implant.  I like to use a dimensional sizing system and fit the width of the implant to the width of your breast...so I'd have to examine & measure you to help pick out the correct size implant for you.

Thomas Fiala, MD

How to choose implant sizes

+1

To chose the best implant size for you, you should try out different sizers or get a 3D scan that simulates the results of a breast augmentation.  In our practice we have both options but I find using sizers simpler and easier.  Talk to your plastic surgeon or get additional opinions if you wish.

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Implant sizing

+1

Its impossible to recommend implant sizes just on your height and proportions.  I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning

2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Implant size, what do you wish to look like

+1

Like age size is only a number, one that you will be very likely to forget after your breast augmentation. The real question is how do you wish to look, cup size, projection, upper fill, cleavage. You could ask others, even your mother to see what she thinks. Focus on the look you want, and let the surgeon fret over the numbers.

peterejohnsonmd

Sizing breast implants, a common question

+1

Clementon,

As you have already heard, this is one the most commonly asked questions here on RealSelf.com.  First let me explain that your bra size number, the 34, will not change.  The cup size is what will change with a breast augmentation.  In my practice, measurements of the breast are taken during the consultation and a range of implants are chosen to have on hand for the surgery.  During the surgery, we sit you up on the operating room table under anesthesia after placing a sizing device that tells me exactly which implant fits your body and your goals the best.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

What size implants

+1
There are as many ways to determine this as there are stars in the sky...well almost. Different docs use different techniques. Some have you try on implants, but this does not take into account skin tightness and sheet wall shape. Others use packets of rice. I go based on measurements of chest and breat diameter. A moderate profile plus implant will bring most patients up 1.5 cup sizes, and a high profile 2-2.5 cup sizes. I also use the Axis 3D imager to show patients how different size implants will look. I also encourage patients to bring in photos of breasts they like.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon