Do you think if I go too big it will cause more sagginess later on?

Im a 34b wanting to go to a 34 small d cup. I have consulted with various plastic surgeons and everyone seems to have a different approach. I feel like I sag a little but have been told I don't need a lift. One doctor recommended a 350cc high profile implant where another doctor told me I should go with a 500cc high profile or bigger. I don't want to go too big for my frame. Im 5'8" and 133 lbs. and just turned 34. Do you think if I go too big it will cause more sagginess later on?

Implant Selection Process

+1

Yes, the larger the implant, the more they will sag longterm.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

If I go with a larger implant will I sag more

+1

The larger your implant and the more of your own breast tissue you have, the more likely you will droop over time.  Your expectations are important, so make sure you try on implants at your consultations and are comfortable with the size.  Try not to get fixated on the cc's.  Much of what you communicate to your surgeon will help determine what they recommend so knowing what you are hoping to achieve is very important.  Make sure you are consulting with board certified plastic surgeons as well.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

What size and will it cause sagginess?

+1

Best to use external sizers in an unpadded bra to give you an idea of what will work on your frame.  As for sagginess, the more natural tissue you have, the more likely it will sag with time as gravity always wins over time.  Your surgeon should be able to help you appreciate what your long term results will be like.

Curtis Wong, MD

+1

Larger implants will tend to thin the envelope and cause more sagging over time.    In general, 350 cc is an average size implant.  I would try sizers on in the office, and then you can determine the volume you would like.  I would not focus on cup size as cup sizes vary incredibly by manufacturer.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Implant size

+1

Different surgeons, different opinions regarding implant sizes. It really is quite subjective.  I tend more toward the 350 cc implants if you want a full C cup.  500 cc's will put you well into a D cup and will have more of a tendency to sag.  I recommend the 350 cc's but it's really a matter of what size you want to be.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Choosing Your Breast Implant Size

+1

Although potentially useful to some degree, online “consultations” cannot be as precise as necessary.Ultimately, careful communication of your goals, careful measurements (dimensional planning),  careful selection of appropriate breast implants and skillful execution of the procedure will be important steps in achieving your goals.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or "too big for my frame” or “C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Picking the right size for you

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

Lastly, please make sure your surgeon is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  The proper credentials and certification matters.
Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Go as big as you need to be happy, but no bigger.

+1

You will want to choose a size that looks good on you, keeping in mind that the bigger you go, the more potential for problems such as sagging, etc.

Of course, if you go with an implant that is too small to make you happy, then you'll be......unhappy.

Brian K. Brzowski, MD
Ogden Plastic Surgeon

Proper Implant Size

+1

It is difficult to recommend an implant size without examining you. In my office, sizing is a multi-factorial process involving reviewing the photos you like and don't like, doing detailed breast measurements and trying sizer implants on in a bra. I also use temporary sizer implants at surgery to make sure your results will look like the photos you selected. By doing all the above, it is rare to have a patient who is not happy with their size. I would be careful about going too large, since larger implants do tend to sag more over time.

John Squires, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Keep it Naturally Full

+1

Consult with your Plastic Surgeon regarding these sizes.  Try on sizer in the office so that you are clear as to the amount of volume is added.  You could have a beautiful result with 400 cc or less.  Best if luck to you!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD