I Was 34B And Wanted to Get 320cc, but My Doctor Put in 280 During Surgery. Is This Normal?

put me 280cc during surgery he found out that I didnt have enough space in my breast for 320cc. Could this happened?? I'm 30 years old, 5´2", 128 lbs, small chest.. I wanted a natural. PO 2 weeks ago.

Implant choices

+2

When I go into surgery, the game plan usually is that after discussing with the patient the goal implant volume, I go in trying to achieve that goal, but always have implants above and below the goal volume based upon the patient's anatomy in the operating room. On rare occasion the goal volume can not be achieved, and that is a judgment call.  It sounds like your surgeon was "calling an audible" to provide the right implant for this type of situation.

Breast Implant Selection?

+2

Yes, what happened to you is not unusual. Preoperatively, I usually give patients a range of breast implants that I think will meet their objectives  but can never guarantee the use of a certain size of implant.

If your surgeon chose to use a smaller implant to ensure the safety (and avoidance of complications)  you should show your appreciation in  that he used  good judgment.

320cc Implants Placed Instead of 320cc Implants

+1

Perhaps based on your surgeon's experience, a 320cc was not right for your breast and chest dimensions.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS