I Am a 34B and Want to Be a Full C Cup. My Surgeon Says I Only Need Implants (Saline 450cc); Do I Need a Lift Too? (photo)

I am 5'8, 130 pounds and wear a 34 B. I want my breasts to be a full C. My plastic surgeon insists that I only need implants (saline 450cc), do I need a lift too? My biggest fear is my nipples will hang too low with just implants. Furthremore, would silicone be my best option?

Breast lift may not be indicated

+1

Based on your photographs, a breast augmentation by itself would be my recommendation. To verify, you will need an in person exam and consultation in order to review your objectives, lifestyle, and lifestage.

Pexy-aug or aug

+1

The key question is what do you want to look like? That determines the surgical approach and technique.

Marc Schneider, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

When to do a breast lift

+1

When a woman has concerns about sagging breast appearance or nipple position being too low she should be open to the possibility that a breast lift will be necessary to provide the best aesthetic result. Breast implants are designed to increase breast size and provide upper breast fullness. In women with sagging breasts or low nipple position a breast implant alone may not provide the best overall result. Many women need both the breast implant and breast lift to achieve their goals. Consider a second opinion from a plastic surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery.

David S. Motoki, MD
Draper Plastic Surgeon

Will 450cc Implants lift my Breast?

+1

Implants do a very poor job of lifting the breast, they just fill. It is very difficult to tell what you would need with only the pictures provided, Silicone is a wonderful option for implants and I would encourage you to discuss these concerns with your surgeon. If you are not confident in his opinion, I would encourage you to consult with additional board certified plastic surgeons until you have confidence in the surgical plan.

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Lifting with an implant

+1

It is a little difficult to tell from your photos but it really depends on what results you are looking for. If you want to be bigger and have a better shape and are okay with the nipple-areolar region hanging a little low, implants will do it for you.  However, if you want to be full and oerky with the nipple complex centered on the breast than a lift would be required.  You need to feel comfortable with your surgeon before you proceed so there are no misunderstandings.

David Nicholas Csikai, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Lift and/or implants

+1

It is difficult to say from the photo you posted because your arm is elevated.  But in general, breast implants do not lift the breast and nipple areola. THey only add volume. If you need a lift, then you need a lift.  Good luck, and exam would be helpful.

Need better photos

+1
Please take lateral and frontal views. The photos don't help much. You may be a borderline case. Silicone and saline are both viable options. Read more on RealSelf on the relative advantages of both, as well as different surgical approaches.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

I Am a 34B and Want to Be a Full C Cup. My Surgeon Says I Only Need Implants (Saline 450cc); Do I Need a Lift Too?

+1

Sorry the side view photo is not really helpful. You may need a lift but I can not advise. Best to obtain additional opinions from boarded PSs in your area. 

Breast Augmentation Candidate?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture. Additional photographs would be necessary to give you accurate advice. However, based on the provided pictures only, it is likely that you will achieve a nice result with breast augmentation surgery only. If in doubt, visit with a few well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons in your area.

I would suggest that you concentrate on achieving a certain “look”, not a specific cup size, with your breast augmentation surgery.
Unfortunately,  no plastic surgeon is able to accurately predict what cup size you will end up wearing after breast augmentation with a certain size implant. As you know, you may end up wearing different bra cup sizes depending on who makes the bra.
I would suggest that you communicate your goals with your plastic surgeon ( I prefer the use of goal pictures)  and ask him/her to do his/her best to achieve the results you're looking for.  You may want to leave it up to him/her to use a breast implant that he/she feels will do the job based on intraoperative evaluation.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
 I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
Again, in my opinion, it is best to set your goals and  level of satisfaction with the results of surgery,  on achieving a certain look/proportionality,  not a specific cup size.

Is a lift needed?

+1

Its difficult to assess your chest wall based on the quality/angle of your photos.  Your surgeon will need to assess your entire chest wall and take measurements of your chest wall to make any recommendations.  In addition your PS will assess the quality of your skin.  If I had to make a guess, you probably would benefit from just a breast augmentation.  Best of luck.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS