34B to a 34D...what's the Right Amount of Cc's? (photo)

I am currently a 34B wanting to be a full C, small D. I am leaning more towards the D but do NOT want to be any bigger than that. I'm 5'7, 155 lbs, very athletic very active, no kids. My doc suggested 475 & 525, mentor moderate plus silicone. We did the 3d animation with those and they looked great! I loved it on my frame but hearing those numbers just sounds crazy big. I'm scared it will turn out to be a DD. Can anyone help me decode these CCs for my frame? I just want to be a D.

34B to a 34D...what's the Right Amount of Cc's?

+2

There is no formula to answer your question. I have found that trying on implants is the most reliable way of choosing implant size. The implants typically look a bit larger on top of the breast than the same size placed at surgery, by about 10%. 

My hunch is that were you to get these 500'ish implants, I could send you to be measured at 3 different places and you would be told three different sizes- D DD and DDD. 

Some surgeons do suggest a formula   that is a rough guideline, but the estimates are wide--150 to 250 cc per cup size increase. 

All the best. 

Depends on pre-surgery measurements

+1
This really depends on your pre-surgery measurements, including height, weight, breast width, breast height and the distance that exists between the nipple and breast fold, alongside desired cup size. Considering these helps achieve a proportional body enhancement that meets your needs without resulting in an unnatural appearance. 

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

34B to a 34D, what's the right amount of cc's

+1

200cc's is about a cup size, so if you are around a B cup, I would say 400cc-450cc would be a good choice.  You had mentioned that you are very active and athletic, so I worry that a 475cc-525cc will get in your way and make you a very full D if not DD.  As for exact cup size, that can not be guaranteed just because bra manufacturers are all different so I would focus on ending up in a size range, small D to mid D for example.  The Vectra animation is definitely helpful but trying them on is still the most reliable.  These are all helpful tools to help you reach your goal size, but your discussions with your surgeon is also going to be a variable, so if you are not comfortable with the implant size, talk with your surgeon again and go over your expectations before your surgery. Good Luck!!! ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Avoid large implants

+1

At size 34 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  200 cc implants would take you from a B to a D.  I doubt you would even be able to accommodate 475 or 525 cc implants retro-pectoral.  They would extrude inferiorly and laterally requiring revision.  Small silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. 

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.
The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C or D  cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

+1

I agree with your PS's choice of 475 to 525. Silicone is the way to go as well. The 3D animation should be accurate. Good Luck.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Implant Advice

+1

From your description, it sounds like you looking for a reasonably sized implant result between a type 2 and type 3.  A noticeable result but not very unnatural in appearance.  If that is the case, I believe an implant approximately 500cc is too large.  A general rule of thumb is that every 150cc is equivalent to one cup size, but that can vary slightly depending on the height and weight of the patient.  External sizers used in the surgeon's office is helpful to confirm the patient's goals.  So, someone currently a B cup who wishes to be a full C or small D is basically wanting to increase by two cup sizes.  By the rule above, an implant between 300cc and 350cc would be required.  An implant of 500cc would likely make create a DD cup size.  I hope this information is helpful but it cannot replace a full in-office consultation with your surgeon.

Nicholas Tarola, MD

Breast implant size

+1

Based on your athletic build and level of activities I think that a 475 or 525 is way too big! Bigger is not always better for all breast implant patients. Choose your size and doctor carefully. While I use both saline and silicone with a trans axillary  incision the use of  a silicone implant requires a bit of a longer incision. While I need to examine a patient to give formal advice 375cc  saline or 425cc Silicone would be the largest I would use on you. Good Luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

What size implants

+1

Thanks for your question. I would suggest trying on actual implants prior to your surgery. 525 may exceed your goals if you are starting with a B cup. In my own practice I find trying on sizers is the best way to get a sense of how the implants will balance with your frame. A, B and c cup can vary between manufacturers and measurers. It is still not an exact science because implants tend to loose some projection when inside you but I have found this the closest teaching tool.  Best wishes.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon